eighteen

the remaining members of the losers club walked into a sewer stream as eddie shone the flashlight.
"bill!" eddie called out.

eddie ran forward, falling into the water. he leaned up and coughed, disgusted.
"dude get out of there, it's greywater." richie commented. eddie tried to get out, but began to panic.

"wait, wha-what happened to my fucking flashlight?!" eddie panicked.

the kids began to scream once they saw a skull emerge from the water. another one came above the surface and the kids screamed, plunging back from the water and eddie.

"we've gotta get out of here!" richie exclaimed as they all ran from the sewer.

|||

"beverly!" mike yelled out and the losers rushed out, only to see beverly floating in the air.

"bev!" ben yelled out.

the kids all walked up towards beverly, eddie shining the flashlight upon her.

"ho-how is she in the air?" richie asked.
eileen stayed close to stan, wanting to be by his side if anything happened again.

"g-guys....are those—" eddie caught the attention of the kids.

"missing kids." stan and eileen said in unison.
"floating." stan added.

stan and eileen watched as ben, mike, and richie tried to pull beverly down from floating.

"bev!" ben shook beverly slightly. it didn't work. "beverly? why isn't she waking up?!" ben yelled, looking towards his friends.

"what is wrong with her?! beverly please!" ben yelled out.

eileen stared in disbelief, she had hoped that beverly would've made it out alive. if anyone, beverly would have made it.

ben pressed his lips to beverly's, causing an uproar from the kids.
"whoa!" richie furrowed his eyebrows.

"oh god." eddie said at the same time eileen whispered, "what the fuck?"

ben pulled away, staring into beverly's eyes. the sound of bev's gasp caused eileen to jump. all of the losers stared at ben and beverly in shock.

"january embers." bev muttered, causing confusion to everyone except ben.
"my heart burns there too." ben responded.

"jesus fuck!" richie laughed, hugging ben and beverly. all of the kids, except eddie joined the embrace.