fifteen

basking in the derry summer heat, stanley uris and eileen lankman sat on one of the park's multiple benches.

"i have a gift for you." stanley glanced towards eileen. her blue eyes lit up like the night sky as she grew curious of stan's gift.

"really? what'd you get me?" she asked, resting her head against his shoulder. stan moved away slightly, fishing through his pocket. his hands found what he had been looking for and pulled out the necklace.

"i bought you this necklace." stan said, holding it out. as eileen eyed the necklace, a smile grew on her face.

she and stan had been dating for only a couple of weeks and she couldn't believe that he had bought a gift for her.

"stan, you didn't have to do this!" eileen insisted as he handed her the jewellery.

the necklace was a thin gold chain with an 's' initialed pendant on it. eileen smiled down towards the 's' knowing that it stood for stanley.

"but i did. this way, you'll always think of me." stan grinned, motioning for eileen to give him the necklace back. she set the necklace in his hand and stanley began to put it on her.

"stan, i always think about you. necklace or not." eileen said, and her statement caused stanley to fumble with the clasp.

his cheeks warmed with adoration over the thought of eileen thinking about him. once stan finished clasping the necklace, eileen moved her hair back and she glanced at stan.

young love was a fickle thing. kids' feelings towards people changed like the weather. that very day, however, determined the fact that stan and eileen would always mean the world to each other—whether they were together or not.

stanley's eyes stared into eileen's and the thirteen year olds inched closer together. stan's heart was beating faster and faster each second. he still couldn't believe that his first kiss was with the girl of his dreams.

stan and eileen's faces were inches apart as they went in for their second kiss as a couple.

"stan! eileen!" the sound of bill denbrough's voice sounded. the young couple stopped and glanced over towards their panicked friend.

bill and richie were running up to the two in hysterics.
"what is it?" eileen asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

bill began to explain everything that had happened as richie glared at stanley. his mind still couldn't wrap around the fact that stan and eileen were dating.

"it took beverly!" bill exclaimed, hoping that his friends would rejoin him to end the chaos of the clown.

"what? who?" stanley asked, letting go of eileen's hand.

"i-it! he got beverly!" bill explained further.

eileen and stanley glanced at each other before looking back towards bill and richie.

"then let's go get her back." eileen responded, standing up.

how do 13 year olds have a better love life than me?