nine

"welcome to the losers club." richie commented. all of the kids welcomed mike into their group.

the kids walked towards the square.
"i'm going to go get ice cream. does anyone want some?" eddie asked.

"i do!" richie nodded, watching eddie leave to go get the ice cream.

eileen felt her head pounding. she sighed, touching her forehead lightly. eileen winced, retracting her hand. blood was on her fingertips. the girl nearly became light headed from the sight of the blood.

"shit, eileen. did you get hit?" stanley asked, looking at her.
"i'll be fine. it's just a little cut." she shook her head. that was a lie. her head was hurting and the cut was not that little.

"no, we should get you some supplies. come on." stan said, holding out his hand. eileen looked down at his hand, thinking about her kiss with richie.

she frowned, but accepted his hand. stanley and eileen walked away from their friends. stan lead her into the pharmacy, scavenging through the aisles for materials.

|||

"ouch!" eileen winced. the alcohol from the alcohol pad seeped into eileen's cut, causing it to sting.
"i'm sorry." he apologized.

stanley put the bandaid on her cut and looked down at her.
"how does it look?" she asked, looking up at him.

"beautiful." stanley whispered. eileen's eyes widened as she realized what he said.
"what?" she asked.

"oh! it uh it looks fine." he responded. stanley looked into eileen's blue eyes and he couldn't deny that she was beautiful. even with that ugly bandaid plastered on her forehead.

"eileen?" stan questioned. eileen looked at him.
"yeah?" she responded.

stan could not hold back his feelings any longer. he liked eileen lankman and there was no doubting it.

"i li—"
"guys, come on! we're all waiting on you two!" eddie yelled out. stan sighed and threw the trash from the supplies in a nearby trashcan.

"stanley, what were you going to say? they can wait." eileen touched stanley's arm. she wanted to know what he was going to say.

"it's nothing." stan brushed off his feelings. she probably doesn't like me anyways, stan thought.

"it's not nothing. stan tell me, please." eileen looked at her friend.
stanley took in a deep breath. this was it, he was going to tell her.

"i like you, eileen. i think you're pretty and you're ten times smarter than i'll ever be." stanley revealed.

eileen's eyes widened at his confession. suddenly, her guilt for kissing richie increased by a million.
"i-i kissed richie." she blurted out.

"what?! why? why would you kiss richie?" stan asked, snapping at eileen.
"because he knew that i like you a-and he told me that if i didn't kiss him, he'd tell you." eileen responded, frowning.

"so you did? he was bluffing, eileen! he knew that i like you," stanley exclaimed, but then it dawned on him. "wait, you like me?" stanley asked.

she nodded, staring up at stan with her big blue eyes.
"i like you, stanley." she stated.

stanley tried to fight the smile that was working its way onto his face, but he lost.
"guys! come on!" eddie yelled over to the two again.

"i guess you could say come on, eileen." richie joked.
"for the last time. shut up, richie!" eileen rolled her eyes at him.
"yeah, richie." stan snapped at richie.

"oh so you're copying your girlfriend now?" richie asked.
both stan and eileen's faces grew red from embarrassment.

"she's not my girlfriend." stan said as he and eileen walked back towards the group.
"yet." eddie commented.