six

eileen sat on her porch, reading her book. she couldn't focus though. not after what happened yesterday.
"eileen?" a voice questioned, causing her to look up.

stan uris stood at the edge of her porch steps.
"oh. hey, stanley." she said softly.

"where were you today? we all missed you." stan asked. eileen shook her head.
"i just didn't feel good today i guess." she lied, shrugging.

"that sounds like bullshit. what's really wrong?" stanley asked, walking up the steps of eileen's porch. he sat next to her, looking at her.

"if i tell you, i'll sound crazy." she whispered. stanley raised an eyebrow, looking at eileen.
"tell me." stan responded.

"okay fine. when i came home, i decided to take a shower, and basically i was showering and i felt something weird. the water became sort of...thick. but i turned around and it wasn't water. it was blood! blood, stan!" she exclaimed.

"oh god. i remember when we were in the second grade and that connor kid got cut with the scissors and you passed out. i had to take your stuff to the nurses office." stanley commented.

"yeah, i'm still really afraid of blood, but that wasn't it. in the tub, the blood collected into the shape of a clown and i was really confused but then i pulled the curtain back and..." her voice trailed off.

"and you saw the clown." stanley completed. eileen nodded.
"he was so creepy, stan! and my mom knocked on the door and when i looked back, the clown was gone!" eileen looked at stanley.

"can i tell you something?" stanley asked. eileen nodded.
"i saw the clown too. two days ago, i was putting my torah back and i saw him." stan revealed.

"what are we going to do?" eileen asked.
"i don't know, eileen." he said.

eileen leaned her head against stan's shoulder. stan's heart flipped over the thought of his crush leaning against him.
"whatever it is, we're gonna stick together. okay, stan?" eileen looked at him.

"okay." stanley nodded