seven

the seven kids all biked to beverly's apartment. eileen stopped her bike, looking at bev as she got off of her bike.

"i need to show you something." beverly said. all of the kids looked at each other before looking back at beverly.

"more than we saw at the quarry?" richie asked. eileen rolled her eyes at the boy who could never shut his mouth.

"shut up! just shut up, richie!" eddie exclaimed, looking back at his friend.

"my dad'll kill me if he finds out i brought a guy into the apartment. i need a lookout." beverly said.

"richie, eileen, stay here." stan commented.
"what?! what if her dad comes back?!" richie exclaimed.

eileen sighed. she didn't like hanging around richie. it wasn't that she disliked richie. he just asked questions that sometimes made her uncomfortable.

"just do what you always do—start talking." stanley said, following behind his friends. eileen smiled at stan's comment.

richie had the foulest mouth out of all of the kids, there was no doubt about it.
when the kids were out of earshot, richie looked towards eileen.

"i know your secret." richie said, causing eileen to turn around. she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"what?" eileen questioned.
"i know your secret, about stan." richie continued.

richie honestly did not know that eileen had feelings for stanley. he had a feeling that eileen was developing feelings for stan, but he wanted to know for sure.

"what? richie, what are you talking about?" eileen asked, dropping her bike. she walked towards him, wanting him to speak quieter.

richie looked away as if he was ignoring her.
"richard tozier! what are you talking about?" eileen asked.

she didn't think that her feelings for stanley were that obvious, but she was clearly wrong. if richie could see it, so could their other friends.

"you like stanley!" richie exclaimed, causing eileen's eyes to widen. she clasped her hands over his mouth. she could feel richie's smirk against her hand.

"shut up, oh my god, you're so loud!" eileen whispered. then, she felt something wet against her hand. eileen shrieked as she realized that richie had licked her hand.

"i honestly didn't even know that you liked him, you just told me yourself. but now, it's all so obvious." richie stated.

eileen groaned, rolling her eyes. she should've known that richie was tricking her.
"please don't tell him, richie." eileen pleaded.

"what's in it for me?" richie asked. eileen glared at him, folding her arms over her chest.
"you get an amazing friend out of all of this." eileen responded.

"not good enough." richie shook his head. eileen frowned. she could not let richie run his big mouth and reveal her secret to stanley.

"richie, please." eileen looked at him.
"i have a proposition," richie stated, looking down at eileen.

she raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue.
"i won't tell stanley, if you kiss me. right here, right now." richie said.

eileen's mouth fell open and her eyes widened.
"what?! no! why would i kiss you?" she asked.

"fine then, i guess i can just go up here and tell our friend stanl—"
"no! fine!" eileen groaned, grabbing richie's arm to prevent him from going up the steps.

richie tozier turned towards eileen. he had been waiting for this moment since the second grade. eileen lankman, on the other hand, had hoped that this day wouldn't come.

richie leaned towards eileen, and the brunette girl hesitated but knew that this was the only way to secure her secret.

eileen lankman's pink lips pressed against richie's and her eyes fluttered closed.

richie's heartbeat increased by a thousand as he kissed his longtime crush. eileen's eyes shot open as this moment was engraved into her memory.

her first kiss was with richie tozier.