Sam & Cat & the Haunted Thundermans Chapter 2

Chapter Two: Super Exciting News

Phoebe Thunderman POV

"Mom, Dad!" I shouted as I ran through the front door and into the living room. I had just gotten home from school and I had to ask my parents a very important question.

My twin brother, Max rolled his eyes at me as he walked in. "Boy, are you getting your hopes up for nothing."

"You just don't like the fact of me winning anything, or getting my way!" I exclaimed.

"That is true, but seriously, Phoebe, Mom and Dad aren't going to let you go to California by yourself just so you can meet up with someone you hardly even know."

"Woah, hold it!" Dad interrupted, "Did Max just say going to California by yourself?"

"And meeting up with someone you hardly know?" Mom added.

Then, I heard a loud, "Thump, thump, thump!" from my sister, Nora coming down the stairs, followed by a loud, "Zoom!" from my brother, Billy using his super speed to some down the stairs and into our brightly colored living room.

"California?!?!" He asked, "I want to go to California!"

"Billy!" Nora exclaimed, "You almost ran me over on the stairs!"

Nora then shot two lasers from her eyes at Billy's feet.

"Ouch!" Billy cried.

"Going to California by yourself, Phoebe?" Dad asked me, "Is there something that I missed while you kids were at school?"

"Yeah, and why are you going to meet up with someone that you don't know?" Mom added.

I sighed. All of this commotion was giving me a headache!

"Today in school, my language arts teacher informed us about this essay contest that is going on countrywide," I told everybody.

"And what does this have to do with going to California?" Dad asked.

I sighed again. "You didn't let me finish. For this essay we have to become friends with a person from another state and write about what it's like for that person to live in that state. I pulled out California. There was one hat per class, so I wouldn't be too surprised other people going to California to write this essay too. There will be four winners and those four winners will win a vacation to Mexico and will be able to bring whoever they want!"

"C'mon, Phoebe! You're really getting your hopes up for nothing!" Max exclaimed, "Mom and Dad aren't going to let you go to California! Why don't you just find a pen pal or look someone up on social media?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "It's not as easy as you think, Max! Whoever wants to enter was required to meet that person in real life!"

"What kind of crazy essay is this?" Dad asked, "Is it new?"

"Yes. It's called the Countrywide State Essay Contest."

"You know what this isn't such a bad idea!" Mom exclaimed.

"Huh?" We all asked, confused.

"Yeah, why don't we all go to California as a family?" Mom replied.

I don't know if I was more confused or excited. Mom had just agreed to going to California! This was the first time that she had ever agreed with me to do something big like this. But why did she agree?

We all just stared blankly at Mom until Dad asked, "California, Barb? You're seriously gonna let Phoebe do this crazy essay?"

"She's a good girl, Hank, so why not?" Mom replied, "And besides, aren't you getting a little stir crazy?"