Sam & Cat & the Haunted Thundermans Chapter 3

Chapter Three: Scary Good News

Frankie Hathaway POV

It had been another long, exhausting day of school and I had just settled down and started my homework. Stupid Mom making me do my homework after I get home from school every single, solitary day! I can't wait to get together with my ghost friend, Louie and prank my mom as revenge for her making me do this!

Just as I had started to read the first problem of my math homework I heard my sister, Taylor shout, "Please let me go, Mom!"

"No, I am not letting you go to California!" Mom replied.

Taylor wants to go to California? This is too good for me to resist!

I raced down the stairs and into the living room too see what the heck my mom and sister were babbling about.

"What's going on?" I asked, "Why does Taylor want to go to California?"

"You'll never believe what my language arts teacher told us about today in school, Frankie!" Taylor exclaimed.

"What is it? Because right now I believe that you lost your sanity."

Taylor just rolled her eyes. "I entered an countrywide essay contest where I have to make friends with someone who lives in another state and write about what it's like for that person to live in that state!"

"Essay contest? Barf," I replied as I shook my head. "I still believe that you lost your sanity."

Taylor rolled her eyes again. "So anyways, whoever wanted to enter the contest was required to pull a state out of a hat and I got California! There was one hat per class, so probably a couple of people got California too."

"So, why did you enter the contest?"

"Because, my essay will be great for the school newspaper! And besides, there will be four winners and all four winners will win a trip to Mexico and will be able to bring whoever they want!"

"Mexico? I'm in! You just gained your sanity back!"

"Mom, please let me go to California!" Taylor begged.

"Taylor, I already said no," Mom stated.

"Please! I'll never ask for anything from you again!" Taylor begged.

"Mom, as much as I want to go to Mexico, that's what they all say," I stated, "They say that they'll never ask anything from you again, and within minutes they are already asking for something else!"

"Frankie, you're not helping!" Taylor hissed.

"Well, it's true and you know it!" I argued.

Ray, Miles, and Louie must of overheard us talking because they all just suddenly appeared in the living room.

"What's all this commotion about?" Ray asked us.

"Yeah, what's all this commotion about?" Louie agreed, "I was just about to get my scare on!"

"And I was just trying my new bow ties on!" Miles added.

Mom sighed. "Taylor wants to enter this crazy, countrywide essay contest and she needs to go to California in order to do it. Is this essay contest new, Taylor? I've never heard of such an essay!"

"Yeah," Taylor replied, "It just started this year! It's called the Countrywide State Essay Contest!"

"You know what?" Ray asked us, "That's not a bad idea, we could all use a nice, long vacation!"

"Huh?" We all asked.

"Why don't we all go to California?" Ray asked.

Did Ray seriously just agree to go to California? I looked back at Taylor. By the look on her face, I could tell that she was more excited than confused, but I was half and half. If Taylor wins this contest, we could all go to Mexico, but how the heck did she get Ray to agree to go to California?

We all just stared blankly at Ray until Mom asked, "Seriously, Ray? You're going to agree with this?"

"Come on, Michelle! Why not?" Ray asked as he shrugged, "I haven't taken my boys on a vacation in a long time and I don't think that you guys have been on vacation in a while either!"

"That's true," Mom replied, "I do miss that great feeling of someone else cooking for you."

"Are we seriously going to California, Dad?!?!" Miles asked with excitement.

Ray glanced over at Mom and she nodded.

"Yes!" Ray exclaimed, "We're all going to California!"

"Awesome!" Louie and I shouted with joy together.

"Wait a minute, Ray," Mom said.

"What?" Ray asked.

"We just can't go on vacation together," Mom told Ray, "If people notice that we haunted their hotel, they're going to get a little suspicious!"

I groaned. I haven't thought about that. How were we going to go on a vacation all together? Ray, Miles, and Louie started to laugh.

"Why are you guys laughing?" I asked, "This is not funny!"

"Michelle, Frankie, you just could just stay at a regular hotel, while we stay at a ghost hotel!" Ray told Mom, Taylor, and I.

"There are ghost hotels?!?!" Mom, Taylor, and I asked.

"Yeah, and they're the only hotels that let ghosts like me be spookily awesome!" Louie replied.

"Cool!" I exclaimed, "Can I come with you guys to see the ghost hotel?"

"Sorry, Frankie," Miles replied, "Only ghosts can see ghost hotels. It will just look invisible to you."

"Oh," I sighed.

"Wait a minute," Taylor stated, "When and where are we going?"

"I don't know, but you kids can go finish your homework while Ray and I plan our trips!" Mom suggested.

"Ok," we all replied.

I has just finished my homework when Ray yelled, "Kids, come down here!"

By the time Taylor and I raced down the steps, Miles and Louie were already down there.

"So when are we going and where are we staying?" Taylor asked.

"Girls, we are staying at a nice Marriott in Los Angeles and we are leaving this Saturday," Mom replied, "Our flight leaves at 12:00 P.M."

"And, boys, we are staying at the Haunted Hotel, which is is also in Los Angeles and we will be also be leaving this Saturday!" Ray added, "We will leave as soon as the Hathaway's leave for their flight."

"This Saturday?!?!" Taylor, Louie, Miles, and I exclaimed.

"Are you guys crazy?!?!" Louie asked, "That only gives one full day to pack!"

"I know tomorrow will be a busy day, after school, but this wonderful news will cheer you all up!" Mom stated.

"What?" Taylor, Louie, Miles, and I asked.

"We're all going to be staying for a full two weeks!"

All of our mouths hit the floor.

"Awesome!" Louie and I exclaimed.

"Are you serious?" Taylor and Miles asked.

"Yes!" Mom exclaimed, "A full two weeks!"

"Now, I want you kids to go finish your homework, if you have any left, then start packing, ok?" Ray asked us.

"Ok!" Taylor, Louie, Miles, and I replied as we headed up the stairs.

This was going to be an exciting two weeks!