Sam & Cat & the Haunted Thundermans Chapter 26

Chapter Twenty-Six: That's Fantabulous!

Phoebe Thunderman POV

"Mom, Dad!" I shouted, as I ran through the door and into the living room with my backpack on my back.

It was Friday afternoon, and boy was I excited to tell my parents the great news I had.

"Here we go again," Max sighed, as he rolled his eyes.

"I'm surprised that you're not excited, Max," I stated.

Max raised one eyebrow. "Really? You're surprised?"

"Who I am I kidding!?!? I'm not surprised at all!"

"Alright, settle down kids," Dad told us, as he and Mom walked into the living room, "What's going on?"

"Guess what my language arts teacher told us today in school!" I ordered.

"OH MY GOSH!!!! DID YOU WIN THE CONTEST!?!?" Mom asked me.

"Uh-huh!"

Mom and I began to squeal and jump and down.

"Phoebe, that's fabulous!" Dad complimented me, "We're going to Mexico!!!"

"Mexico!?!?" Billy and Nora both repeated, as they both ran downstairs to see what was going on.

"Yeah, I won the Countrywide State Essay Contest!" I told Billy and Nora.

"Cool!" Billy replied.

"Wait, wasn't there supposed to be four winners?" Nora asked me.

"Yeah there was four winners. Why?" I asked Nora.

"Well, who were the other three winners?"

"Oh yeah! I wanted to tell you guys that too!"

"Well, who were they?" Max asked me.

"Sam, Cat, and Taylor!" I answered.

"Really?" Dad asked me, "Who told you that?"

"My language arts teacher told me this morning!"

"Cool!" Nora replied, "So, who are you inviting to go with you?"

"Just you guys," I replied, "Taylor is probably going to invite her family and the Preston's and Sam and Cat are probably going to invite Nona, Dice, and Goomer."

Nora looked at me with a shocked look. "Really!?!? You're not inviting Cherry or Cole!?!?"

"No, I just want it to be us and our new friends this time."

"But, Cherry is your best friend and Cole is your crush!"

"I know that, but like I said, I just want it to be us and our new friends this time. Cherry and Cole probably don't even know that I won. I don't think that anybody in their language arts classes entered the contest, so their teacher probably didn't announce the winners to them."

"Oh."

"This is going to be so awesome!" Billy exclaimed, "When are we going?"

"July 1st," I answered.

"That's great, sweetie!" Mom told me, "So when do we get our tickets?"

"We could get them right now! My language arts teacher gave me this code to redeem the tickets on their website!"

"Ok. So how about while Phoebe prints our tickets out, the rest of you kids can do your homework?"

"Ok!" Billy and Nora agreed, as they headed back upstairs.