Sam & Cat & The Haunted Thundermans Chapter 4

Sam & Cat & the Haunted Thundermans

Chapter Four: Let's eat!

Sam Puckett POV

"So why did you decide to do the essay again, Sam?" Cat asked me.

It was 8:00 P.M. On a Saturday night and we were walking the kids who we were babysitting, Jane, Helen, Pete, and Frank to Bots. As much as I would have loved to take them on my motorcycle instead of walking, I just couldn't. There was no way that I was going to fit six people on my motorcycle!

"Cat, I told you already!" I groaned, "I want to win that trip to Mexico so I can drive around with my new Mexican driver's license!"

"Oh yeah, I forgot," Cat replied, "So what state did you get?"

"I didn't get one yet."

"Whataya mean that you didn't get one yet?!?! Didn't they make you pick a state from a magician's hat?"

I rolled my eyes at Cat. I mean seriously, this girl forgets everything!

"Cat, don't you remember that I told you that I take online school?"

"And what does that have to do with anything?"

"How am I supposed to pick a state from a hat from a computer?"

Cat thought for a moment. "They could send the hat through email!"

I slapped my forehead with my hand. I sighed.

"Oh Cat..... So, anyways, my online instructor told me that I could choose any state that I wanted."

"That's fantabulous! Do you want to hear what state I got?"

"Yeah, here's the thing...."

"What?

"Nobody cares."

Cat just rolled her eyes at me. "Well, anyways I got Louisiana!"

I sighed. "Cool."

So, Cat, the kids, and I were about halfway to Bots, when Cat shrieked.

"Cat! Why did you have to scream because I'm pretty sure that you just blasted my hear drums out!"

"L-look!"

I gasped. I couldn't believe what I was looking at. I stared at the poster that was taped to the large telephone pole the just stood close enough to a small street light, allowing me to see and read the poster. Nora Dershlit had escaped from maximum security, but how? On the sign, it had a large picture of Nora's freakishly, psycho face and it also had the words, "WANTED: NORA DERSHLIT REWARD: $20,000," in huge, black print.

I laughed. "Boy, are they giving out a lot of money for a idiot like her! If they offered this much money to capture each and every one of the idiot criminals, I'd be rich!"

"Sam!" Cat hissed, "This is not funny! She's out to get us! I think I'm gonna faint!"

"No, you can't faint! You have to pay for our food after we eat!"

Cat laughed. "Oh, Sam. All you ever care about is food!"

"True!"

"What's going on?" Jane asked.

"Yeah, and who's Nora Dershlit?" Pete asked, as he pointed to the poster.

"Ummm.... She's a plumber," I lied.

"A plumber?" Frank asked suspiciously.

"Yes, she's a plumber," I lied again.

"What would a plumber be wanted for?" Helen asked.

Are these kids that stupid?

"For their awesome plumbing work!" I shouted.

"Then why does it say, 'REWARD: $20,000'?" Frank asked.

"Ummm.... Because that's how much money she gets if she does the job that she's wanted for," I lied once more.

"Oh," Frank replied.

"Wait, Nora's a plumber?" Cat asked me.

I slapped my forehead with my hand, then gave her a look that let her know that I was lying.

"C'mon, let's keep on walking, so we can get to Bots!" I ordered, "I'm starving!"