A Night In New York - Part 1

*Gif from giphy.com

You placed the cap back on your red lipstick and put it in your makeup bag. You gave yourself another look over in the mirror and took a deep breath. You had no clue as to what the night might bring, all you knew was that you were going to be seeing someone that you hadn't seen in a really long time.

Not that you didn't want to see them, it was just that you were on tour and they were working on their own thing, so there wasn't really time to see one another.

And that was always the problem. Well, one of the problems. See, you had been in love with someone for years, but there was always shit getting in the way preventing the two of you from being together.

It's not like you hadn't tried, it's just that all those tries failed. Eventually, you two just decided to be friends because it just wasn't meant to be anything more.

Or so you thought.

**

Harry paced backstage of Saturday Night Live. He had so many emotions going through his mind at that moment. He was both nervous and excited, and not just because of the show or his performance. But because he had invited you to come.

When he reached out to you about coming to see him in New York, he was worried that you wouldn't come. He was always worried that maybe, you were with someone else.

Harry never moved on from you. His heart still ached for you. He wished things in the past were different, but he couldn't go back and change them, but he could hope for a better future.

By working on his solo material, Harry realized that if he really wanted something, he needed to go for it and make it happen. He couldn't just sit around and wait for it to come because there was always a chance it wouldn't.

"How are you feeling about tonight?" Jeff asked while Harry was getting his hair done.

"I'm alright," he said from the makeup chair. "I'm just ready to get out there."

"Is Y/N coming?" He asked.

Harry looked over at him when he said your name. "Yeah, she is. She has a show tomorrow night at MSG, so she's in town and said she would come."

"Do you think anything is going to happen between the two of you or are you strictly going to be friends?" Jeff smirked.

Harry sighed. He had no clue. Looking back at all of your meetings in the past, things usually ended up in either your bed or his. It was hard not to, when you two who wanted to be together, hardly ever could. But tonight, was the first night in ages that you two had seen or even spoken really. And the last time was the two of you saying to just be friends.

All Harry did know was that he couldn't wait to see you and that maybe there was some hope that you two could find a way to be together.

**

When your car arrived at the studio, you were shown to your seat and you noticed a familiar face. It was Nick, one of Harry's best friends from London, plus you had been on Nick's radio show plenty of times.

"Oi, look at little miss Y/N," he smirked walking over to you and giving you a hug. "How have you been? How's tour going?"

You laughed. "It's going well, but I'm exhausted. I've been on this tour for over a year."

"Damn, it has been that long hasn't it?" he asked.

"Yeah, it has. I'm honestly ready to just take like a month-long vacation," you laughed.