Working At It - Part 44

For the rest of their trip, you had asked your parents to stay at a hotel. If you and Harry were going to work on your relationship, you knew having them there would make things worse. A part of you felt bad because their whole purpose in visiting was to see you and Mac, but now you were wondering if they had planned to show you this picture and get you and Harry to break up.

You and Harry hadn't really spoken about the situation anymore. You still were staying in separate rooms and right now it honestly felt as if you two were just friends or roommates and not lovers. You were feeding Mac, while Harry was making lunch in the kitchen.

"Do you want mayo or pickle?" He asked.

"Um, mayo is fine," you said.

He nodded and finished up the sandwiches before bringing over the plates and setting them down on the table.

"Thank you," you smiled gently.

"You're welcome," he smiled back.

"So, this barbeque," you sighed. "Do you think we should still have it?"

"Well, I mean, yeah, we've already told everyone about it and I've bought all the food," he said. "But I get why you wouldn't want to have."

"I just don't want it to be awkward," you sighed. "I don't want people to see us... going through what we're going through and then have to explain it. And I don't want to have to lie about where we are."

Harry sighed putting his sandwich down.

"I'm sorry," you sighed.

"For what?" He asked.

"For making you feel even worse about the situation," you sighed.

"Baby," he sighed. "It's not your fault and you're not making it feel worse. I hate that we have to go through this."

You took his hand into yours, "It won't always be like this."

Harry looked over at you. Mac was sitting on your lap playing with his little toes as he stared at Harry. Mac babbled with wide eyes causing you and Harry to laugh. You kissed his little head and he leaned back against your chest.

"We'll be okay," you whispered. "And we can still have the barbeque."

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"I'm sure," you nodded. "We still love each other, right?"

"Of course, always," he said.

"Then that's all that matters. Yeah, we're going through a rough time, but we both chose to make this work, so that means we're going to have to try. Thinking about it now, hiding what we're going through, isn't going to help," you said. "The only thing that worries me is my parents being there and possibly mentioning the photo."

"Wait a minute," Harry said. "Speaking of the photo, I went online trying to find it. I was trying to see where it came from, but I can't find it anywhere."

"Then where... how did my parents of all fucking people end up with it?" You whispered.

"I've no clue," he said. "Did they say where they got it?"

"No, I don't really remember then saying anything," you said. "Maybe they were sent it or they found it, but never where they got it."

Mac leans over and tries to push himself to crawl over to Harry, but it's mostly just him moving back and forth on his arms and little bum moving around. You giggled as Harry took him in arms and Mac instantly grabbed at the chains of Harry's necklaces.