I Should Have Protected You - Part 36

When Harry saw the pap outside, he quickly, but gently pushed you away from the window. He shut the curtains to hide the window and grabbed a pair of track pants to slip on.

"What are you doing?" You asked quickly pulling on one of Harry's shirts that were piled on the chair.

"I'm going to get that fucking camera," he said walking down the stairs.

"Harry! You can't just approach him by yourself," you said following him only a few steps behind. "We should call the police."

"He could be long gone by then," he said opening the door.

He walked down the front porch stairs, wearing nothing but track pants, he didn't even bother with shoes and made his way across the street towards where the pap was standing. You grabbed your phone and called the police so at least if things did get bad they'd be here for back up and you could tell them exactly what happened.

You stayed at the door as you watched Harry. You couldn't really hear anything, but by the way, Harry's shoulders tensed and his arms moved around you could tell he was pissed. Fucking pissed and you knew he'd want nothing more to knock the pap the fuck out, but he was smarter than that.

**

Harry didn't care that his feet were currently getting scraped as he walked through the driveway and onto the street. He was livid. It was one thing to be taking pictures of the two of you whenever you were out in the public, but to be taking pictures outside of your house was crossing a fucking line. His fists clenched as he got closer to the man with the camera, who was no longer pointing it at the house or in Harry's direction.

The man was simply holding it with a huge ass smirk on his face. He knew what he was doing and Harry knew he was trying to get a rise out of him, but he wasn't going to lose his cool enough to punch his fucking face in, even though he so badly wanted to do it.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Harry said once he was close enough.

"Nothing," the man shrugged. "Just stopped to stretch my legs."

"And you need a camera pointed at my house to do that?" Harry asked crossing his arms.

"It's a nice house," he said.

"Yeah, it is, but it's also private," Harry said.

"Hey, I'm not breaking any laws, I've not walked onto your property," he said holding his hands up.

"Maybe not, but I'm pretty sure it's fucking illegal to point your camera into the windows of my house," he said.

"You can't exactly prove I took pictures of anything... which means I've done nothing illegal," he smirked.

"Oh really?" Harry snapped.

He grabbed the guy's camera out of his hands before the guy could even react. He looked through recent photos taken and saw all sorts of pictures of you two and then of Mac and it was obvious this wasn't the first and only day he's done this.

Just before Harry was about to throw the camera onto the pavement, he saw a police car driving his way. Harry flagged them down and they parked in front of the car.

"We got a call about someone trespassing?" They asked.

"Yes, this gentleman here has been taking photos of my family," he said. "Through our window. Here's the evidence."

The officer took the camera from Harry and started looking through. He saw the photos, including the more recent ones that showed that you two were naked, but luckily didn't show anything. The officer then gave the camera to his partner and placed his hands on the guy.

"Sir, you are under arrest," the officer said. "Please place your hands on the car."

The guy glared at Harry and shook his head. "You're going to fucking pay for this and you better watch out for that pretty little whore you have up there," he whispered at Harry.

Harry's nails dug into the palm of his hand as he held himself back from finally hitting him. The police officer put the man into the car and took a statement from Harry before getting back into his car and driving off. Harry then turned around and headed back into the house where he saw you standing at the door.

He didn't say anything as he walked right past you. You thought maybe he was upset with you for calling the police. You started to say something, but he just walked down the hallway to the other part of the house. You bit your lip as you followed him and saw he went into the room that had a little bit of gym equipment for those days you two didn't feel like going into the gym or didn't have time to stop by.

He took out his boxing gloves and wrapped his hand before looking over at you. You sighed walking over and helping him put the gloves on him.

"What are you doing?" You sighed.

"You should have seen how many photos he had of us Y/N," he said. "And that's just on that camera. He could have more. I wanted to pound his face in, but I knew that wouldn't solve anything. But– He fucking messed with my family. He messed with our privacy."

You stepped back once he began hitting the heavy bag in front of him.

"Imagining this bag is his fucking face is the next best thing to actually hitting him," he snapped.

Instinctively with every punch, you jumped a bit and shook your head. You weren't sure if Harry recognized who exactly the pap was that was standing outside and taking the pictures and you considered telling him. But with just how upset he was in that moment, him knowing that it was the same pap from before who touched you and said something to you at the Brits, he'd be even more livid and would probably break the bag from the ceiling.

You sighed leaving him to it because it was obvious he would be there for a while. You went upstairs to check on Mac. He was wide awake in his crib cooing and babbling. You giggled picking him up and holding him to you. He instantly laid against your chest and you rocked him in your arms.

"I love you so much," you whispered kissing his head.

His tiny hand gripped onto the fabric of your shirt and you smiled. After changing his diaper, you heard footsteps coming up the stairs and saw Harry, dripping in sweat standing in the doorway. You looked over at him as you held Mac in your arms.

His head hung low as his chest heaved up and down while he tried to catch his breath.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

You looked at him confused. "Sorry for what?"

"For not protecting you... us," he said. "It won't happen again. I'm going to put a call in for getting a bigger fence around the house and better security cameras etc."

You sighed walking over to him. "Harry, it's not your fault," you said. "And you did protect us. As soon as you realized he was doing it, you went and confronted him... and then you mentally beat the shit out of him," you laughed.

He smiled a bit. "But it never should have happened in the first place. I should have known better ever since Mac was born," he whispered.

"Hey," you said placing your hand on his cheek. "Stop worrying about what should have or could have been done. Yes, our privacy was invaded, but we're all safe and that's all that matters right?"

"If something ever happened to you two-" Harry whispered sadly.

"Nothing is going to happen to us," you whispered.

Harry looked into your eyes and pressed his lips against yours before rubbing Mac's back and kissing his head.

"I love you, little lad," he smiled.

Mac babbled and reached for Harry, who quickly took him in his arms. He snuggled right into Harry's naked chest and Harry pulled you against him. You smiled as you all had a little family moment, but you couldn't help but feel a little bad at the fact you were hiding something from Harry.