The Sea Goddess

Time slowly slipped by as the life dripped into solace. Harmony in one's soul can not sing the song being sung between two hearts. One made of shadow, the other made of light. Weaving a dramatic tale of love and loss. The latter being greater. Her breast stopped rising as the blade of glimmering night sliced down. The sea, angry with her maidens death, stood in quietness before screaming down on the ship she once loved. Claiming every soul aboard. Their souls now dance with the fair maiden. Twisting and turning. Dancing in the air as glitter on the wind. The final sad cry the sea gave is the breath of it's goddess. Whose body formed from it's shelled waves. Her gown flown in droplets around her. Her frozen arms razed with circling souls. All those who die in this watery grave dance between her fingers and circled around each other in eternal beauties. Their movement controlled by her gift the ocean gave. Her eyes remained shut until her name is whispered and faded into the earth she, herself, came from. Ocynira... Ocynira... Ocynira... The whisper, Ocynira, finally came. Her eyes opened to reveal the grey tempests , and green waves, and blue contentment. Her face formed to the most beautiful of all faces. Her hair wove the tales the sea has seen. With a single jewel wrapped around her neck. A pearl mixed with black and white, to signify her death. As two hearts are now one. With hands pointed to the heavens Ocynira whispered, "My lovelies." And they all glided to the stars and disappeared into the night with the rising sun. The goddess, now happy, faced the sun. Sparkling in the light she accepted his voice and went into the water. Her icy body melded with its domain. Charged with the souls who are lost to be free.