Chapter 8

2 months later (3rd Person's POV)

Jaehwan sighed as he stared at the clock. In 5 minutes everyone had to sit in class. And everyone was there, but one person wasn't. Seo-Yun. Jaehwan turned into his seat, looking over at Sun-Hi. She shook her head. She didn't know either where Seo-Yun was. The bell rang and the teacher walked in, doing his usual checklist on the students. After naming Seo-Yun's name 3 times, she looked up. She wasn't in her seat. ''Hmm, that's odd. Miss. Jung never skips my class. I'll call to her house to see if she's still there.'' She says while writing her name down. Jaehwan sighed. He's worried out of his mind. One of his best friends is gone again. 

The teacher leaves to call Taekwoon. Jaehwan immediately turns in his seat. ''Do you two know where Seo-Yun is?'' he asks Soo-Min and Sun-Hi. They both sigh. ''I wish I knew. My guess she's with Hakyeon.'' Sun-Hi said, her eyes meeting Soo-Min's. She nods. ''It wouldn't actually surprise me. She's blinded by that guy.'' she pauses. ''I don't trust him...'' 

It's not long before the teacher walks back in with a worried expression. ''Class, apparently your classmate Jung Seo-Yun left her house yesterday evening. She told her brother Taekwoon that she was leaving to get groceries, but she didn't come home. Has anyone maybe seen her yesterday?'' she asks, glancing around the classroom. It's already clear. None of the students know where she can be. 

Jaehwan can't stop himself. The thought of one of his best friends being in danger triggers him. He packs his bag and gets up. As he walks to the door, the teacher stops him. ''Mr. Lee, where are you going?'' she asks. Jaehwan doesn't answer and leaves the classroom. He quickly gets his jacket before leaving the school. Seo-Yun has to be somewhere, right? 

Jaehwan takes Sun-Hi's guess as his lead. He has to find Hakyeon. But he doesn't even know the guy! 'Where can you find a lowlife guy like him?' Jaehwan thinks to himself. He simply walks around all the places he can think of. All the possible places Hakyeon can be. Until he finds his lucky coin. 

At a small skate park, he finds a small club of guys. Clearly they're skipping school. Jaehwan slowly approaches them, collecting the courage to speak. ''Hey guys, I got a question.'' He says as he steps towards the boys. One of them steps up. Jaehwan knows him. It's Tyler, one of the guys from his street. He isn't the type to skip school, so why is he here? 

''What do you wanna know?'' Tyler asks. He realized quickly that Jaehwan is standing in front of him. Jaehwan pulls out his phone and shows a picture of Hakyeon. ''Does any of you know where I can find him?'' he asks, as he sees one of the guy's eyes look from the photo at him. ''Leave this park, go right, straight ahead then second street right again. You find him in the 5th house on the left.'' The boy says before he puts his lollipop back in his mouth. 

Jaehwan is quick to follow the boy's directions. How can Hakyeon be here? The houses in this street are clean and nice. Jaehwan stops paying attention to that and walks to the house the boy mentioned. It's not a place a low life guy like him is supposed to be. 

Jaehwan walks to the door of the house. He guesses that the outside is only a cover-up for the inside. He rings the bell and waits. The moment the door opens, the smell of cigarettes hit Jaehwan's face. He coughs one time as he sees a red haired guy in front of him. ''N! Did you invite someone else?!'' the guy yells. ''Where's Seo-Yun?'' Jaehwan asks. The guy turns back to him. ''Huh?'' Jaehwan groans and pushes him aside. 

He walks into the house, and he finds out that his thoughts were right. The inside of the house is a mess. It smells horrible. Jaehwan pushes a door open to finally find Seo-Yun. She's sitting on Hakyeon's lap, one of his hands around her waist and in his other hand a joint. ''Seo-Yun! What the hell are you doing here?!'' Jaehwan asks in disbelief. He wants someone to just wake him up, but he knows way too well that he isn't dreaming this. 

Hongbin and Wonshik watch from the other couch. Hongbin looked like he was already too far gone to even know what was going on. Wonshik on the other hand had the control not to get himself high on the more effective substances. Jaehwan's only thought was that one of his best friends doesn't belong in here. Or even near all this junk. 

Jaehwan wastes no time to walk to Seo-Yun. He quickly pulls her away from Hakyeon, who's too slow to react. ''Jaehwan! Why are you here?'' Seo-Yun asks. Her eyes are slightly blood-shot, and her breath smells different. Jaehwan can cry at the sight of her. ''Why am I here?! Why are you here?! Seo-Yun this isn't you. How can you use that junk?! You're ruining yourself!'' Jaehwan pauses before pointing at Hakyeon. ''He is ruining you!''

Instead of flinching or moving, Hakyeon stays in his place. He isn't used to people standing up to him, but he doesn't want Seo-Yun to see what he can do. Not yet. It would be way to soon and everything would be ruined. Hakyeon can't let this one intruder ruin his plans. 

He gets up from the couch. His eyes are cold, his facial expression is dark. Jaehwan feels he's in a dangerous situation. Hakyeon grabs Seo-Yun's wrist and pulls her into his chest. ''Sit down baby, let me take care of it.'' he whispers into her ear. She only nods before sitting back on the couch. Hakyeon hands her his joint, something Jaehwan tries to prevent. 

Hakyeon pushes Jaehwan out of the room. He closes the door behind them before he pins Jaehwan against it. ''You need to mind your own business, boy.'' He says, his eyes dark as his hair falls slightly over his forehead. Jaehwan gulps. Did he really mess with the wrong person? Or is Hakyeon just putting on a tough act? 

His question was answered when Hakyeon pulled a small knife from his pocket. He holds it up to Jaehwan's face, placing the flat of the blade against his cheek. ''You don't want to be on my list. It's a friendly warning.'' Hakyeon says. He pulls his knife away, making a small cut into Jaehwan's cheek. He lets the younger boy fall to the ground with a smirk. 

Jaehwan lifts himself off the ground and looks at Hakyeon. He's messing with the wrong person and he now knows it. Hakyeon smirks at him, clearly satisfied with the fear in Jaehwan's eyes. ''Now, go back to your mommy. My baby girl is waiting for me~'' he says, slightly mocking him. He opens the door and enters the room again, leaving Jaehwan still dumbfounded. 

Jaehwan doesn't know what to do. The only thing he can do is leave and go to Taekwoon. He needs to save Seo-Yun, but he can't do it this way. He opens the door and leaves the house. He runs out of the street and directly towards Seo-Yun's place. He has to help her, even if she doesn't want to. He will NOT let Hakyeon destroy one of his own best friends. 

Jaehwan runs for some reason. He's in a rush to save Seo-Yun, but fear in him makes him run from Hakyeon. Jaehwan could feel the small cut on his cheek sting a little. He didn't even realize it was there, until he touched it and saw the blood on his finger. 

He makes his way to the apartment building. He presses the bell, waiting for someone to open up. Taekwoon is fast to open the door and let Jaehwan in. As he walks to the hallway to their door, he can already see Taekwoon standing there. His somehow hopeful expression disappeared. ''I... uhm... hoped it was Seo-Yun for a second. She hasn't been home in three days and I'm worried sick.'' he says before walking back into the house, running his hands through his hair. 

Jaehwan had known the elder for a while. It frustrated him to see Taekwoon like this. Worried to death about his little sister. But, can he say what he saw? Will Taekwoon even believe him? He has to take that guess. If it can save Seo-Yun, then he has to try to convince Taekwoon. 

''She's with Hakyeon.'' Jaehwan says, his gaze glued to the floor. ''Why? Has she been there all weekend?!'' Taekwoon asks. Somehow his worries faded, but his anger was rising. His sister had been missing the whole weekend, and now she has been with Hakyeon all the time! 

''Is she coming home?'' Taekwoon asked Jaehwan. His voice dropped an octave, and Jaehwan knows more than well what that means with Taekwoon. The only thing Jaehwan can do is nod. ''Can you help her?'' he asks, his voice almost sounding like a whisper. Taekwoon nods, his gaze out the window to see a car pull up. She's home.

Taekwoon glances at Jaehwan. ''Leave now. I'll take care of her.'' he says. He doesn't have to tell Jaehwan that again. He quickly leaves the apartment, taking the stairs down. Seo-Yun will be fine...

...right?