vi. EMERGENCY AMPUTATION

CHAPTER SIXEMERGENCY AMPUTATION

CHAPTER SIX
EMERGENCY AMPUTATION

✦✧✦✧✦

Late that night at the McCall residence, while Scott had snuck out to go on a group date with Allison despite the police enforced curfew, Melissa had walked into her son's room to inform him that she was going to bed. Only to find him missing from his room.

There was a thud that came from the room as she walked away, and Mama McCall came back slowly to see a figure somersaulting onto Scott's bed. Melissa grabbed the bat by the door frame, the figure began yelling out, "Wait, wait, wait!" And an entire screaming pandemonium ensued.

As for Violet, who was already asleep, was awoken by the screams coming from her brother's room, recognizing her mother's scream, the girl jumped out of bed and went rushing to her assistance.

"Stiles what the hell are you doing here?!" Melissa exclaimed, while still holding the bat.

"Oh god. It's just you." Violet muttered under her breath.

"What am I doing?!" Stiles yelled back, "god, do you even play baseball?"

The lights turned on shortly after that, and Scott's room that was just empty moments before, was now occupied by his mother, sister, and best friend.

"Scott, can you please tell your friend to use the front door." Melissa pled.

"But we lock the front door, he wouldn't be able to get in." Scott said.

"Yeah, exactly. And, by the way, do either of you even care that there's a police enforced curfew?"

"No." The boys said in unison.

"No. Alright then. Well, you know what? That's about enough parenting for me for one night, so good night." Mama McCall said before walking out.

After a few seconds of silence, the serious look on Stiles' face didn't budge, so naturally Scott asked what was wrong. "What?"

"My dad left for the hospital 15 minutes ago. It's the bus driver. They said he 'succumbed to his wounds'." Stiles announced.

"Knew it." Violet mumbled.

"What?" Stiles asked, the serious look still etched on his face.

"I saw them wheel him into the ambulance, Stiles. Those wounds would never heal on a guy his age. Maybe if they hadn't found him unconscious, maybe he would've survived. No one goes through a wolf attack and survives. Much less a werewolf attack at that." Violet explained her findings.

"Welcome to the McCall family, Stiles. Everyone's some kind of doctor." Stiles said.

"I'm not a doctor yet." Both Violet and Scott said at once.