xiv. THE HUMAN DRESS RACK

CHAPTER FOURTEEN THE HUMAN DRESS RACK

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
THE HUMAN DRESS RACK

✦✧✦✧✦
(wowow isn't this gif 1000x
better than the last one?)

After Scott got home that night from doing god knows what, a ring of the doorbell sounded as Violet sat in the kitchen eating her spaghetti, "I got it!" Violet exclaimed with a mouthful as she got up and answered the door in mid-chew.

"Allison!" She said in a muffled surprise as she waved the 16 year old inside as she finished swallowing her food, "sorry about that," Violet chuckled, "also sorry about your necklace, I know Scott returned it to you today."

"No worries. Speaking of Scott, is he home?" Allison asked in her usual sweet voice.

"Yeah, he's in his room right now. He just got home." Violet replied, showing Allison the stairs as she went back to the kitchen.

Violet heard Allison's booted footsteps walk up the stairs followed by a knock on Scott's door. Melissa walked out of the bathroom at that moment and looked to her daughter with a shocked face, "Allison?" she mouthed, and Violet nodded enthusiastically, trying to stifle her laughter.

"Mom you're dressed up, part two. Where are you going, chica?" Violet asked Melissa as she noticed her makeup was fully done and she was dressed up nicely.

"I wasn't sure whether or not to tell since you're either always here or MIA most of the time. I have a date." Melissa said simply.

"Who with?" Violet asked excitedly.

"A medical rep that came into the hospital today, Yeah, we just kinda started talking and next thing I know I'm saying yes to dinner and...I'm really hating myself for skipping the gym last week."

Violet was going to chuckle at the comment about the gym when something else threw her off, "wait. What medical rep?" she asked as the doorbell rang.

"Oh that's him. Can you go answer it? I'm not ready yet." Melissa requested as she ran back into the bathroom.

"Shouldn't that be the other way around?" Violet asked before going to the front door. Something in the air told her not to open it. The bell rang again.

"Vi, answer the door!" Melissa yelled from the bathroom.

The door to Scott's room opened as Violet stood there just watching the door. "Vi?" Scott called. "Don't answer the door." Scott said.

The siblings slowly backed away as the doorbell rang twice more, "Violet!" Melissa's voice threatened.

Scott continued protecting his sister with one arm extended over her, as a makeshift wall.

That was when the doorknob started slowly creaking by itself. The door shot open seconds later to reveal...no one was there. Scott and Violet exchanged confused looks when Melissa popped her head in the doorway beside them and asked if they were going to let him in.