xiii. TRUTH BE TOLD

CHAPTER THIRTEEN TRUTH BE TOLD

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
TRUTH BE TOLD

✦✧✦✧✦
(the gif is ass i'm so sorry)

After Danny had finally left Stiles' house and it was just Stiles, Violet, and Derek, they were still stunned at how the name that came up on the screen was Melissa's.

"My mom can't be the one who sent it. Or the alpha for that matter!" Violet exclaimed.

"How can you be so sure?" Derek asked, "your mom wasn't there for anything alpha related that has happened so far. Unless you know something we don't."

Stiles looked up, he knew Violet's face when she lied. She made it look as if she were overconfident and wanted to look like the superior person. It was a face he was met with often.

"I don't know anything about the alpha, I just know that my mom isn't it." Violet said in a chillingly calm voice, approaching Derek.

"Vi, what were you doing at the school that night?" Stiles asked, "and this time leave in what actually happened."

"I—I can't believe you don't believe me!" Violet exclaimed, her infamous face of deceit was washed away, "I don't know how I got there. One minute I was in bed, the next I was on the lawn at the school."

"I literally can't believe you right now. You're still lying to me. Your best friend." Stiles paused, "just go home, Vi. Since you're not gonna tell me anyway." he said, betrayal etched onto his face.

"Stiles—" she tried.

"Just go." he said, looking back down. Unable to face her.

"Fine. But I'll leave this since I know you're gonna need it."

Violet took out a chain from the bag she brought with her and placed it next to Stiles' hand, where it lay on his desk, then closed the door behind her as she left.

Derek was quick to get up and leave a minute later.

"Violet!" Derek called as he closed the front door to the Stilinski residence.

"No, it's okay. You guys will be better off." Violet said, wiping a tear from her eye as she picked up her bike from off the Stilinski's lawn.

"Wait." he said, catching up to her, "what do you know about the alpha?"

"The same as everyone else, okay? I need to get home before I get attacked by a wolf in broad daylight."

Derek only gave her a mere look to tell that he knew she had been lying.

"I'm not telling you."

"More people could die if you don't."

Violet paused, considering if she really should share the information she had kept bottled up and to herself for the past few weeks, and sighed when she came to a conclusion.