xii. SCHEMING SALLY

CHAPTER TWELVESCHEMING SALLY

CHAPTER TWELVE
SCHEMING SALLY

✦✧✦✧✦

"Faster?" Scott asked.

"Grandma can drive faster than that, Scott. And she's dead!" Violet retorted.

The engine on Derek Hale's chevy Camaro roared as the trio flew down the streets of Beacon Hills in a car chase. They had been trying to divert the police from where Derek actually was; which was on foot. Elsewhere in Beacon Hills.

"Scott, hurry up!" Stiles exclaimed.

"I'm going 20 miles faster than the speed limit!"

"Fuck the speed limit! We're already being chased! What're they gonna do, pull us over?" Violet asked in an annoyed tone.

Scott grumbled before the engine roared again, sending the small car zooming down the street and the passengers flying backwards.

"Why did I let you guys talk me into this?"

"Because we didn't ask," Stiles said, "Derek called Scott and we dragged you with us."

"I was showering! My hair is still wet, and I don't have undergarments on and I'm very uncomfortable."

"Okay, we didn't need to know that much." Scott mumbled, "And besides even if we did drop you at home, the police would see us and we would all get into a lot more trouble." he said as he swerved the car on a winding road.

"The police aren't behind us," Violet stated, receiving terrified looks from both teenage boys who sat in the front. Scott looked in the rear view mirror and noticed who it was.

"Kate? Why would—wait. She's gone."

Stiles whipped out his trusty police radio scanner and the words of his father rang out through the static, "Suspect is on foot heading towards the iron works."

"Let's go." said Stiles as Scott began making his way into a new direction, going to save Derek's ass once more.

Scott pulled up and the tires screeched to a stop as Stiles rushed his way to the backseat and instructed Derek to get inside once they'd found him. Stiles looked over at Violet with a look of relief as Scott rushed off.

"You guys owe me big time." Violet said.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?!" Scott exclaimed to Derek.

"Damn it! I had him, he was right there!" Derek yelled.

"The alpha?" the two curious teenagers in the back seat asked in unison.

"Yeah, then the freaking cops showed up."

"Hey, they're just doing their jobs..." Stiles said as Derek threw him a death glare.