x. FROM DUSK TILL DAWN

CHAPTER TENFROM DUSK TILL DAWN

CHAPTER TEN
FROM DUSK TILL DAWN

✦✧✦✧✦

(a/n: yes, the title is a song, no, this chapter isn't named after it)

Violet awoke for the second time that night in a groggy state. The first thing that came to her mind was how she had forgotten her geometry homework for some odd reason.

Soon realizing that her brother and her best friend were nowhere in sight, she began slightly panicking.

A twinge of pain in her arm reminded her of the everlasting memory of the glass shard in her arm and rubbed absently at it. Her past injury was the least of her problems at the moment.

Feeling around, she felt the glossy, but dirty state of the floor underneath her and the vague scent of sweat and feet. She was in the gymnasium; from what she could tell in the dark room. Smack dab in the middle of it where a picture of the school mascot would often be located.

Violet's hands and feet squeaked on the floor as she stood up. The clacking of her shoes against the old wood overlapped in varnish over the years.

Then came the question once again gnawing at her mind, why me?

Why was she the one with the werewolf for a brother?

Why was she the favorite of the alpha?

Why wasn't she at home, holed up in her room studying for her tests in the coming week?

Her phone buzzed, it was Stiles calling her. Violet made a face, she hadn't even known her phone was on her. Considering how badly the night had turned out to be. Answering the phone, finally, Stiles was yelling something at someone else.

"Stiles!" she yelled to the boy on the other line, her voice echoing through the gymnasium.

"Oh! Vi, where did you go?!" Stiles exclaimed. He was out of breath, they were running again. Something was after the group. Again.

"I'm in the gym." Violet stated, trying to push the double doors open, but they wouldn't budge. "hm," she said.

"What? What's wrong?" He questioned.

"The door's locked." She said, beginning to walk over to the other side of the gymnasium to see if the other doors were unlocked. Which, at no surprise to the McCall, was locked.

"Look, we're headed there now, Lydia and Jackson have joined us." Stiles said in an aggravated tone.

"What why?" Violet asked.