"What are bo-oks?" II

After I finished reading the book to Janie I got up and decided that for being a good big sister I deserved a treat. When I walked into the kitchen I went to the freezer and searched for ice cream. Behind me I could hear Janie walk in groaning like the monster in the story. To my surprise she had the shuffle and the gurgle sounds down. 

"Good job Janie. Go show mo-HOLY SHOTS!" It wasn't Janie. Janie wasn't green and didn't have fur growing out of her face. Janie never stood taller than me either. I didn't want to believe that the monster from the book was actually in front of me, so I decided that I was just crazy. I closed my eyes and mumbled quiet, 

"Go away. Go away Go  away." to myself hoping that when I opened them it would be gone. It didn't leave and closing my eyes was a bad idea, because upon opening them I was airborne. No longer in the kitchen eating ice cream. Instead I was fifty feet in the air looking down in fright to a screaming Janie. I mean a screaming Janie, it looked almost as if her head was going to fall off. 

"MOM!" I shouted loudly even though the size of the monster holding me meant that his steps were wider, so I was far away from my house. 

Cars didn't stop and people continued to casually walk down the street, and I came to the conclusion that not everyone can see it. Some small children would pull on their mothers pants and point at me, but their parents saw nothing and dragged their kids along. 

I didn't know how to react, so I kept screaming on instinct. I screamed myself to sleep and cursed myself for making up the magic in books. I was also mildly upset that I didn't get to eat my ice cream

-------------

Part two of the very first chapter. I'm making my way around again.       

-socks