Chapter 28: Flashbacks and Goodbyes

Here you go guys.

you know I can't do it to all of you. I feel like you need to be updated.

Actually, I'm already done writing the chapters 29-30+

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.••.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.

The moment I plunged on the bed, I thought of this.

Before, it was all about the money and the experience. It was never about her, but the first time that I saw her, sleeping on that train, I forgot about the prize.

I looked sideways from time to time to check if she'll hear it.

" She is inside the bathroom in the Shire's. We went to the beach today. No, nothing happened, Boss. She'll be home tonight. " I sighed. I can't do this anymore, but if I don't, I'll breach the contract and end up in jail.

The contract's going to end when Mr. Thorne comes here. This is what I've been wanting to tell her. I just hope she understands that I really need to have the money for college. If she knew that the only person she hates sent me to spy on her, she'll hate me forever.

Victoria means the world to me and hurting her would hurt me more.

"Mr.Austin!" Mr. Thorne yells.

"Yes, Boss?" I snapped back to reality.

"I said, my troops will be there in no time."

"Yes, Sir. Again, your daughter is safe with me...Yes. Thankyou Mr. Thorne."

HER POV

What? Did I hear him right?

No! NO!! This can't be! He said he loved me...

I opened the door wide open and came to him. His phone fell on the bed and he stood up in shock.

"Uh-"

"Zach, why?!" I slapped his face and started crying uncontrollably.

"Victoria, please," He held both of my hands.

"You lied to me!" I tried setting my hands free but he was too strong.

"No, let me explain!"

"Everything was a lie!" I finally set my hands free.

"Let me tell you everything. I'll explain."

"EXPLAIN? Do you know how senseless that word is? Everything was just for money-"

"NO! LISTEN. TO. ME!" He cut me off.

"How much, huh? HOW MUCH!?"

"Victoria, please...this is what I've been wanting to tell you..."

"Why do you have to hurt me this bad? You lied to me about everything!! "

My tears started flowing like a small ocean and I slowly sat on the floor.

"Victoria, I love you." His voice started shaking.

"Do you know how bad you make my heart beat...."

I didn't hear what he said after that because the sound of an approaching chopper filled the air.

"Your dad's here," He offered me a hand. "Runaway with me?" He half asked half ordered, looking straight to my eyes while offering his hand.

The only thing I heard was the word 'Dad'

I stared at his hand then to his face. It seems like if I held his hand, he would take me away and we would never be heard of.