Chapter 35: Not Good with GoodByes

His POV

She saw it. She saw the heart. I cannot do anything about that anymore.

*FLASHBACK*

"Sir." I came in to Mr. Thorne's office 2 days after the last night I saw her.
It was full of dark colors, like a vampire once lived inside. Huge maroon velour curtains surrounded the windows. It looked so medieval.

"Agent Austin." He nodded once. "Please, sit." He gestured on the chair in front of his table.

"Thank you, sir."

" I know what happened between you and my daughter." His eyes pierced my soul.

"Sir, I-"
"What can you tell me about that?" He raised his brow and leaned back on his huge wooden chair with lion carvings on the side.

My heart is screaming to tell Mr. Thorne that I love his daughter from the deepest part of my whole being. She's my weakness yet my source of strength. She's all that I'll ever want and love till my dying day. Victoria is and will forever be the girl I'll always choose to love every single day.

"I love her..." I looked straight to her father's piercing stare, I said it with conviction.

He wants to kill me. He wants to kill me. He's gonna kill me.

Mr. Thorne was shaking.

"WHAAAT?!" He stood up and smacked the table with his hands.

It sent invisible spikes all over my rattling body.

"I love your daughter," I swallowed; not breaking the intense eye contact.

I need to pee.

"YOU WHAT!!?" He threw me the thick Dictionary...
and his folders...and a stapler.

I managed to catch the dictionary and avoid the folders, but the stapler went straight to my face.

"HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT IN FRONT OF MY FACE!? WHY DO YOU LOVE MY DAUGHTER!?" He shouted at me like an angry Spartan on adrenaline rush.

I stood up and faced the huge, huge man in front of me.

"I love her because-"

"WHAAT? TELL ME!! SAY IT IN FRONT OF MY FACE!!" He squalled while whipping all the things on his table with his arms. Everything fell on the floor,

"I may not be worthy of your daughter-"

"YES!! You're NOT! YOU haven't even entered college!"
He pointed at my face with his shaky finger. Mr. Thorne's face was really red and his veins were about to pop.

"But I love your daughter because she's HER. I love her because I chose to love her even though sometimes, she becomes a cranky psychopath..."

"Bu-" He opened his mouth.

"I am not yet done sir! I love her because she means the world to me-"

"STOP!"
"Sir, I'm not yet d-"

"I said stop." He calmly said while fixing his chair to sit down.

"Sit down." He ordered, just like what happened earlier.

I sat down obediently.

"I'm willing to give you One Hundred Million Dollars for you to leave my daughter alone." He wiped the dust from his desk, concentrating on the tiny speck of dust on his index finger.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Thorne but no."

He looked at me again, with big eyes while brushing his hair with his hands in a stressed manner.