chapter 10

Ughhh I feel like I'm getting the silent treatment here... you know feedback is always appreciated!!!! ;) 

Soooo this chapter kinnda revolves around the song Only Exception...

Chellie1D

—————————————————————————————————————————————

Harry and I sat in the park with the picnic he’d set up for me. It was so sweet, he’d laid out a red and white checkered blanket and a basket filled with food under a tree. I told him that I’ve always wanted a straight forward picnic. The kind they have in stories and movies, and he gave it to me. We’ve been meeting up together for the past few days. It’s been 5 days since I arrived, and 4 of those day’s were spent with Harry. I don’t know where Harry and I stand with a relationship though. We’ve kissed a few times, but nothing serious. I would love to date him, but at the same time I don’t want to. I don’t want to go through another heartbreak when I have to go back to the States. Plus, every girl in the world would hate me. Including Felicia. She hasn’t gotten suspicious of anything yet. She’s always to busy with Jake to notice anything weird. In fact hers and Jakes relationship is moving quickly. He came over to our hotel room once. He does kind of look like Simon. Black hair, spiked up in the front, tan, brow eyes. I wouldn’t be surprised if he rode a motorcycle. I haven’t had nightmares since the first time Harry and I had kissed. He might just be the cure. I leaned my head in Harry’s lap and he played with my hair. He knew I loved it.

“Tell me something about your parents. You’ve never mentioned them.” Harry twirled a strand of my hair.

My smile faded. “My parents divorced two years ago. My dad left me and my mom alone. He’s been moving around a lot. Last time I talked to him he said he was in New York.” I closed my eyes remembering our conversation.

“Oh. I’m sorry...” Harry’s voice trailed on.

“No. I really should talk about it more.” I  sighed. “I was fourteen and my parents would always fight. Then one day when I came home from school, my mom was crying in her room, harder than usual. My dad was crying sitting at the table. I asked what happened and he started yelling at me. He just grabbed the keys to his car and sped off. Turns out he was drunk, again. A few days later, he still hadn’t come back. I called him and he said he knew he’d left and he told my mom he wanted a divorce.” I took a deep breath. “When he was moving out, he said that it wasn’t mine or my mothers fault. He said that he hurt himself and us. I still don’t know what he meant. Later, when my mom finally came out of her room, she told me to never fall in love, because love never lasts. Being only fourteen and having seen all of those movies, I took this to heart, and swore to never fall i love if it hurt that much. Then I met Simon. I thought he was different, but he wasn’t. And I guess until now, I’ve been believing that love doesn’t last, of even exist for that matter.”

Harry looked at me and listened to the whole story intently. He really is a great listener. “Until now?” he raised an eyebrow at me.

I blushed and looked away. Ok so maybe I love Harry. So what. Every girl in the world loves him. He leaned down a kissed my forehead. “So you’ve been going on like this, believing there was no such thing as love for how long?”

“Since my mom told me not to. But when I was dating Simon, I thought it did. Somehow, I managed to last for half a year without showing loneliness. I keep telling myself that I am better off alone. And that I’ll be happier like this, keeping a distance.” I explained, looking deeply into his eyes.

“But why? I’m sure you’ve seen some people and though maybe you had a chance.”

“No one’s ever been worth the risk of hurting myself again.”