One.

*No One's POV*

Hearing the slight whimpering of her five month old on the baby monitor, Elianna Clark rises sleepily out of bed and makes her way to the small room across from her own, giving her son a sleepy grin before picking him up and moving him to the changing table. She then, with him in her arms, makes her way back to her own room, laying in bed with him as she nurses. Once he's finished, she, just like any other morning, burps and cuddles him until he falls back into his peaceful slumber. Setting him in his crib yet again, she attaches the breast pump to the breast he doesn't use and gets his bottles ready for the day. As six rolls around, Elianna jumps in the shower and gets ready for the day before waking her son and getting him ready as well.

After dropping him off to daycare, grabbing a latte from Starbucks and making her way to the office building she finds herself early to every morning, Elianna makes her way through the sliding doors before hitting the elevator button and allowing it to take her to the third floor. Tired as hell and not in the mood to deal with anyone's shit, she holds her head high and plasters a fake smile on her lips before walking off the elevator and finding her cubby as the clock hits seven fifteen. She's not supposed to be there until eight.

"Well look who's early... again." Marcus Hopkins, the second lead of the department and her good friend greets her, sitting in the chair next to hers and swinging it over to her cubby.

"It's worth being early when you can leave an hour earlier than everyone else and be home with your five month old by rush hour." She winks, giving him a genuine smile.

He chuckles. "Yes, how's that son of yours?"

"He's good. Growing too fast and I'm not too happy with it." She pouts.

"He'll be a year old before you know it." He smiles.

Elianna rolls her eyes. "Don't remind me. I've gotta get to work, if you don't mind."

He nods, standing and putting his hands up in surrender. "By all means."

Turning towards her computer, Elianna puts her earbuds in, allowing her 'focus' playlist to take effect as she begins her work for the day.

After sneaking off to the bathroom twice during the work day to pump, skipping lunch, and many hours of staring at a computer screen, Elianna finds herself getting done with her work fifteen minutes earlier than normal.

Relaxing for a few seconds, she sits up straight again, paging Marcus to her cubby to have him show up only a moment later.

"What's up, Clark?" He asks, trying to act somewhat professional.

"I've finished my work for the day and even some for tomorrow. I was wondering if I could leave a bit earlier today?" She asks, flashing him a smile.

He narrows his eyes before leaning around her and looking at the computer, letting his hand reach for the computer mouse. "Let's see here."

After a few moments of searching around, he clears his throat. "I'm assuming to finish you plan on researching more tonight at home?"

"Yes." She answers nodding.

He nods, standing up straight again. "Good. I believe you're free to go, miss. Clark."

She smiles as he walks away, cleaning up her stuff and making her way outside to her Toyota Corolla before putting her things inside and climbing in the front seat. She then lets out a deep breath and starts down the busy streets of Toronto.

Realizing she hadn't eaten all day as her stomach begins to scold her, she runs through the drive thru and picks up something small to hold her over, only realizing just how hungry she was after she gulps it down in seconds.

After picking up her son and getting a daily report from the daycare provider, Elianna makes her way home, taking her son and work inside.

As the clock strikes five, Elianna makes time to nurse and play with him before letting him play by himself and cleaning her pump supplies. She then gets dinner together for herself and as six thirty rolls around she feeds her son some veggies and mixed cereal for dinner to fill him for a while before eating herself and letting him play.

Once everything is cleaned up, she places him in his stroller and takes a walk with him, telling him about her oh so boring day and taking him back home. She then bathed him and gets him ready for bed, nursing once more and singing him a soft, short song before placing him in his crib and leaving the room all by nine.

Finding herself more tired than she did this morning, Elianna makes her way to the kitchen, packing herself a lunch for the next day, getting the pump and supplies together and sitting at her small desk in her room before finishing up the research she knew she needed to do and climbing into bed after changing.

Soon enough, her eyes flutter closed, her body knowing it'll start all over the next morning.

A routine. A consistent cycle.

~

Comment and vote please!

Here's the first chapter of my new story!

Let me know what you think!