Four.

Howdy!

I've finally finished writing this book! Ahh!

Therefore, I'm adding another day of the week to upload which will be Tuesdays! 

Anyway, here's today's chapter!

~

As the next three days pass, Elianna's son's fever is determined to stay at 101.3 degrees forcing her to stay home from work and juggle taking care of him and working on her slow, trash laptop in order to get the work she's required to finish done.

Feeling bad for calling out three days in a row, Elianna is almost embarrassed to return to work when Brayden returns to his normal state.

As she currently sits on her bed, typing away on her old laptop as Brayden sleeps in the room across from her,, her phone begins to ring causing her to look over at the caller ID.

Mr. Johnson.

"Shit." she mumbles, answering the phone. "Hello?"

"Miss. Clark, it's Mr. Johnson." he tells her.

"Mr. Johnson, hello." she answers politely. "I know I'm a bit behind but I'm actually working on it right now."

"Thank you, Miss. Clark but I'm actually not calling about the quality of your work." he tells her.

She gulps. "Then w-what are you calling for, sir?"

"I am calling to let you know that unfortunately if you don't show up to work tomorrow, we're going to be forced to take some sort of action." he informs her.

"You mean like f- fire me?" she stutters.

"Yes, Miss. Clark."

"B-but, I'm not just skipping out of work sir. My son, Brayden, he's sick and I have no one else to take care of him. Daycare won't take him in his state and he has a fever-"

"I understand, Miss. Clark but unfortunately this is what I am forced to do. Mr. Bieber is calling a meeting with our department tomorrow morning and all employees must be present. If you are not, we're going to have to let you go. I advise you to either find care for your child for the day or bring him along." he tells her.

"B-bring him?"

"Yes, Miss. Clark." he sighs.

"I- I'll be there." she stutters.

"Thank you." he tells her. "Have a good rest of your day. And please try to catch up by the end of the day."

"I-I will."

They hang up and Elianna lays her head on the back of the couch.

"So this is the end of me. I have to take my sick five month old to work when I have a meeting with the owner of company in order to keep my job!" she exclaims to herself, groaning before mumbling one last sentence. "This should be interesting."