Eight.

Here's Chapter 8!
Happy Tuesday!
~
"Have a good day!" Tracy tells after me as I hop into my car and head towards the office building I always find myself at these days.
Work, home, work, home. It's an endless loop.
Arriving shortly, I gather my belongings and make my way inside, immediately hopping on the elevator and rising to the third floor. Before the doors fully open, I rush through them and go to my small cubby, setting my things down and turning on the computer to begin my work for the day.
"Shit, I didn't grab a coffee." I whisper to myself through a yawn.
"Good morning."
Glancing up, I notice Marcus smiling, his own cup of coffee in his palm. I send him a glare.
"What?" He asks, chuckling.
"I was rushing and didn't stop there this morning." I reply, loosely pointing at the cup before letting my hand drop again.
He glances at his cup then back at me. "I can run to the corner and get you one. I'm not obligated to be here yet so..."
"Oh my god, would you seriously?"
He nods. "Absolutely. You look like you need it."
"Yeah, Brayden's teething so he's been up all night crying." I explain, digging through my purse and handing him a ten dollar bill. "Surprise me but make it strong."
He nods, taking the money and heading onto the elevator once again.
~
Twenty minutes later, I hear as someone clears their throats above me. Looking up, Marcus stands, a large cup of coffee and a breakfast sandwich in his hands.
"How'd you know I didn't eat either?" I ask, grinning while taking it from him.
"When my daughter was teething me or my wife couldn't think straight either. We almost never ate breakfast and with you being a single mom and doing it... I just assumed." He grins.
"Thank you. You're a lifesaver." I tell him, sending him a genuine smile.
"No problem." He smiles, walking away.
~
"Miss. Clark," Lucas calls his head popping out of his office. "My office please."
Confused, I glance to the time, 10:24am, and stand making my way to his office and walking swiftly inside. "Yes?"
"I just received a call from Mr. Bieber. He informed me that he'd like you to immediately go upstairs to his office. He'd like to have a word with you." He tells me.
What the hell?
"Oh, okay. Thank you, I will head that way now."
He nods once to acknowledge my words, continuing to type on his keyboard.
Turning on my heel, I exit his office and head towards my cubby, taking a swig of my water and heading towards the elevators before stepping inside and pressing the number.
30.
The elevator rises and after a short period of time, the doors open and I step outside, gawking at the amazing sight. Forcing my mouth shut, I head over to a desk sitting in the corner of the large lobby area.
"How can I help you?" She snarls, giving me a death stare.
"I'm Miss, Clark. Mr. Bieber told my department head to send me his way." I tell her, a fake smile curling onto my lips.
"Miss. Clark."
I turn, seeing Mr. Bieber himself walking from what I assume is the kitchen holding a cup of steaming liquid.
Most likely coffee.
"Mr. Bieber. Hi." I return, sending him a grin.
He keeps his lips pressed in a straight line. "You may follow me."
I do as I'm told, entering his office and closing the door behind us as he mutters the order.
"Sit." He commands, gesturing to the seat in front of his desk.
I do as I'm told, my hands absentmindedly fiddling with each other as they do when I'm nervous.
"Calm down, Miss. Clark."
I look up at him again, now seeing a grin tugging at the corners of his lips.
"How's that son of yours?"
I immediately grin slightly, thinking about him. "He's good. Teething.. but well."
"I assumed so we he was sucking on his fingers in the meeting." He grins, now sitting. "I'm glad to know he's feeling better."
I nod. "Thank you for asking."
"Of course." He says before clearing his throat. "Now,"
Uh-oh.
"I called you up here to say after the meeting last week I found myself wondering how I had never met you. We have meetings every month, you've been working here for two and I can't help but to wonder why you didn't attend last month's meeting." He says, cocking his head to the side.
"I was out of town for a family event last month when the meeting took place." I reply to him.
He nods. "I also took it upon myself to look over your files. You've been doing an excellent job, Miss. Clark."
"Thank you." I respond, sending him a smile.
He grins in return. "I'm going to be honest with you."
I nod immediately. "Yes, please."
He thinks for a moment before letting out a breath. "I'd rather not talk here."
My eyebrows furrow in confusions. "I'm sorry, I don't understand."
"Allow me to escort you to dinner tonight, Miss. Clark." He says, his grin falling and his lips form a straight line.
"D-dinner?"
He chuckles. "Yes. I'm assuming you could find someone to watch that son of yours for a couple hours?"
I gulp.
I'm not sure... but this is my boss I have to say yes.
Plastering on a smile, I nod confidently. "Absolutely. Yes sir."
He grins once again. "Good. I'll have a car pick you up at seven."
"How do you know my address?" I ask, overly confused.
"You're an employee, Miss. Clark." He chuckles. "I have your information."
"Right. Yes. Sorry." I reply shyly, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.
"You can return back to work." He says, causing me to stand and start towards the door. "Seven o'clock, Miss Clark."
I nod at the reminder and walk out, closing the door and heading to the elevator.
What the hell just happened?
Taking out my phone after returning to my desk, I open a message to my mother.
To: Mom
Mom, please tell me you don't work tonight
From: Mom
Nope! Off tonight. Why dear?
To: Mom
The CEO of the company just asked me to dinner to talk about some business stuff. Weird, I know. Can you do me a huge favor and watch Brayden for me tonight? A car is picking me up at 7...
From: Mom
Told you he was interested:P yes. I will take care of Brayden. No worries honey. See you when you arrive home.
To: Mom
Thank you, you are a lifesaver😘
Setting my phone back down, I let out a breath, shaking my head and placing my earbuds in my ears, starting to type away as I was doing before.