1.

"Think about how valuable you are, don't let what he put you through cause you to close your heart." - Mary J. Blige

Ivania (Ivy)

"Ivania, wake the hell up! You are going to be late!" I heard my big sister Brandy yell at me as I laid in my bed. 

I hopped up out of the bed and looked at my phone that was connected to my charger and realized it was 9:30 and I had class at 10. 

"Fuck! Why didn't you wake me up earlier!?" I asked my sister.

"Girl, how was I supposed to know you weren't up? You should have put your alarm on your damn phone."

"I thought I did, I don't know why it didn't go off." I said.

I looked at the alarm on my phone and realized that I had set it for 8:30 P.M. instead of A.M. I must have been hella tired if I did that, although I have done it before.

"Man, I set this shit for 8:30 tonight instead of this morning." I said slapping my forehead with my hand.

"Girl, you always doing some stupid shit. You're worse than me." Brandy said as she laughed and laid back on my bed.

"Oh whatever! Get up, I need to get ready. I already know I'm going to be late so there is no need to rush." I said as I through my covers back.

"Yeah well I made some breakfast, I'm about to go to the gym so I won't be here when you leave. See you later little sister." she said as she kissed my cheek.

"See you later Bran, love you!"

"I love you too!" she yelled as she walked out of my bedroom door.

I got out of the bed and hopped into the shower after I brushed my teeth and washed my face. After my shower, I primed my face and began my makeup process. I knew I was running behind on time so I did a simple look, a nude eye look and rosy pink lip gloss. I didn't feel like doing my hair so I threw on my denim hat along with my tie shirt and basic blue acid washed jeans. I slid into my blue and white Adidas and then grabbed my bag from beside my bedroom door.

 I slid into my blue and white Adidas and then grabbed my bag from beside my bedroom door

I was done in 45 minutes then headed into the kitchen to eat a quick breakfast. I put the egg whites and turkey bacon that Brandy cooked into the microwave and quickly ate it. I grabbed my keys off of the rack and heading for my car. I looked at my phone and realized it 10:30, luckily my apartment is only 10 minutes from campus. However, I know my professor is going to comment on me coming to class late.

15 minutes later, I was pulling a parking spot and walking to my class. I walked into my class and looked down at phone so I wouldn't attract so much attention to myself. I hate for people to stare at me, which is why I hate getting to class late. 

"Nice of you to join us, this morning Ms. Ray." My professor Mrs. Lawson said to me as I found my seat.

I ignored her and pulled my book from my bag. I really enjoy this class and have a really close relationship with my professor. My major is Radiologic and Imaging Sciences, my goal is to become a mammographer.  I became passionate about going into mammography about 3 years ago when I found out that my mom has breast cancer. It has been some ups and downs on the journey but she has been cancer-free for a year now.