17.

Comment. Vote. Share.

Brandy

"That's a wrap!"Markus yelled as he took the last photo of my shoot. This was my second photo shoot of the day and to say I'm exhausted  is a complete understatement. Morning sickness has really been kicking my ass lately.  I will be approaching my 5th month of pregnancy soon and body lets me know every chance it gets.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I admired the orange winged liner that the makeup artist put on my eyes.

"This is definitely a look, I like the orange on my eyes and the orange background. Especially, on my glowing chocolate skin, can't nobody tell me nothing!" I laughed, singing like Lil Nas X in Old town road.

"Alright now, calm down. You aint all that!" Markus commented with a joke as he showed all of the pictures that he captured today. I did this shoot for my friend Yunnie. She has a clothing line and the concept of it is so cool. Every month, she has different clothing options in different colors. Last month, she selected neon green as the color of the clothing. Every clothing item on her website was neon green. Now this month, her featured color is going to be orange. Sos he wanted me to do a shoot centered around orange to reveal the color of the month to her customers. So far, business has been booming for her with the different approach that she took into the clothing business.

"Yes, I love all of those. Except these two." I commented, pointing at two pictures where my face looked extra chunky. Although, my belly is still tiny, I feel like people know that I'm pregnant, by how fat my face has gotten. 

"You know I can touch it up and reshape and all of that. But your wish is my command B."Markus responded as he started to wrap up his equipment.

"Alycia!" I yelled to his wife, who I see as a big sister.

"Yes Brandy?" she asked me as she came around the corner of the building.

"Are you still going to make the jerk chicken and black rice for dinner tonight?" I asked her

"Are you still going to make the jerk chicken and black rice for dinner tonight?" I asked her.  Her parents are from Haiti so she can cook just about anything and when I say, her food is good. It is GOODT!

"Girl yes, I'm still cooking for the last time. Your ole pregnant ass is always hungry." she laughed at me.

"Lower your voice. You know I don't want these nosy ass people in my damn business."I laughed.

"I'm sorry heffa. You know I'm loud of hell, I can't help it." she laughed and got a bottle of water from off the table beside us.

"Mhm, I know. But, I will see y'all a little bit later. I'm be there at 6:30 on the dot, to get that good ass food." I hugged her and Markus.

Grabbing my clothing bag from the back room, I headed out of the door and headed to my apartment.

As I got in my car and was about to pull out of the parking lot, I received a call.