7.

Brandy

"Hello?" I answered my phone without looking to see who it was.

"Hey, this is Brandy right?" a deep male voice asked me, I recognized the voice but just tried to play it off.

"Umm .. yes it is. May I ask who's calling?" I asked in my professional tone.

Reeko looked over at me as he sat across from me in the booth. He decided he wanted to get me out of the house since I've been working and going straight home recently. I haven't been feeling like doing much of anything, my body feels tired and worn out these days. But, today Reeko offered to buy me lunch and I'm never going to pass up on a free meal so I definitely agreed.

"It's Kamasi, the dude from the gym a while back. Remember?" he asked me.

I looked at my caller id and realized I had the number saved under Guy from the gym. He called me once before and Reeko went crazy on me so I'm not trying to cause anymore drama. Even though, I'm single and Reeko aint my man, I respect his opinions somewhat since he is my best friend.

"Ohhh .. umm." I hesitated, biting my inner lip and looking over at Reeko as he pretended to ignore me.

"I'm actually a little preoccupied right now, I can't talk." I said softly so he wouldn't feel like I didn't want to talk to him even though that's exactly what it was.

"Damn, well umm .. can I call you back later?" he asked me.

"Yeah sure." I said, hanging up my phone and placing it in my bag.

I picked up my menu and tried to decide what I wanted to order. I have a big appetite so I need all parts of the appetizer, entree and dessert. 

"I thought we said no phones while we're here." Reeko said looking at me as he placed his menu onto the table.

"Well it was a call, it could've been my mom or manager or anybody. So I answered it because it was important. But I'm sorry Reeky, no more phone for the rest of the time we're here." I said smirking at him.

"Chill with that Reeky shit, you know I hate that fucking name." he lightly chuckled.

"What are you ordering?" I asked him, completely ignoring what he just said.

"I think I'm going to get the shrimp and steak with a baked potato and broccoli." he said rubbing his hands together.

"That sounds bomb as fuck. But, I'm only allowed to eat veggies and shit this week." I pouted because I wanted some meat but my manager suggested that I start a vegetarian diet to help my condition.

"Yeah, you never told me why." he commented with his eyebrows raised.

"Just trying to eat better." I lied.

**

I pulled my jeans and looked into the car window while fluffing my hair as we walked to the ticket booth at Fun spot. Reeko suggested that we come and get on some rides since we haven't really been spending much time together since he has been working 24/7 trying to get his clothing line off the ground.

"You so damn pretty with your curly ass hair." Reeko complimented me as he walked slightly  behind me.

"Thank you." I smiled, looking back at him.

"But you knew that though." he and I both laughed at his corny joke.

We walked to the line and I retrieved my wallet from my bag.

"What you doing?" Reeko asked me with his eyebrow raised.

I sighed and slightly pouted. Reeko is alaways buying stuff for me and picking up the bill so this time I wanted to pay. I don't want him to feel like I'm trying to use him or something, even though we have been friends for 10 plus years. I just want to cater to him and spoil him a little bit, guys deserve to be spoiled sometimes too.