Baby Issues (Will Halstead)

Anthony is the best friend of your best friend's boyfriend. (Both of them died in a car crash and they made Anthony and yourself the legal guardians of little Tessa, their three year old daughter.) Also, the argument is happening at Chicago Med because Candy, who is Anthony's girlfriend made Tessa a PB and J sandwich for breakfast. She spends every second week with you.

"YOU LET THAT BLEACHED BLONDE SLUT MAKE MY GOD DAUGHTER BREAKFAST???" You exclaimed.

"Firstly, you will not talk about my girlfriend in that manner. Secondly, how was Candy and I to know that Tessa is allergic to peanuts?" He scoffed.

"We've had her for eighteen months now, Anthony. You're supposed to know these things." You sighed.

"Well, you know what? It wasn't my fault her parents died. I never asked to be her guardian. She's not my child and I'm tired of caring for a child that's not even mine." He says coldly.

You can feel the tears threatening to fall. But you stay strong. You couldn't believe that this was happening in the waiting room of a paediatric ward of all places.

"Then leave. She doesn't need you." This was all you said as he left the room in search of Candy.

What you didn't know was that Dr Halstead and Dr Manning heard everything that was exchanged between the two of you. Your back hit the wall as you sank down to the floor. The tears strolled down your face as you sobbed into your knees, how were you going to do this without his help? You weren't even twenty one as yet. But then again you couldn't let your best friend down. You had to be strong for little Tessie, she never asked for any of this to happen.

You got up from the floor and dried your tears. You had to do this for her, you're better than him and she needs you.

Dr Manning and Halstead were in awe of your strength. Manning being a mom herself knew how tough this was on you.

"She shouldn't have to go through this alone. She's a baby herself." Dr Manning told Dr Halstead sympathetically.

"She's so strong. I would never ditch a woman like that, he must be mental." He said, dazed by your presence.

The two doctors walked into the waiting room where you were situated to give you an update on Tessie.

"Oh my gosh. How's Tessie doing? Is she okay? Can I see her?" You asked  anxiously.

"She's doing much better now, she's still knocked out from the anesthesia but you can see her if you like." Dr Manning smiled as she put a hand on your shoulder.

"Yes please." You said teary eyed.

Will placed a hand on your back as he lead you to Tessa.

"He's a jackass by the way." He said nonchalantly.

"You saw?" You gulped.

"Yeah, I'd never walk away from someone like you. You're barely an adult and yet you're taking care of a little girl who isn't even yours. You're special and he's blind as a bat." He smiled.

"Thanks but in a way she is mine. I'm her god mother. It's my duty to look out for her." You said proudly.

"I admire you for what you're doing and I'd love to take you out for lunch sometime, well you and Tessa of course." He asked hopefully.

Every since Tessa was placed in your care guys wouldn't even give you the time of day, thinking that you were a single mom. And here standing in front of you was a ginger cutie asking not only you but also Tessie out for lunch.

"You don't have to do that." You said as your eyes moved to the ground.

"But I want to." He said as he put his finger on your chin and lifted your head up to look at him.

"Okay, call me when you're free." You blushed as you handed him your phone.

He entered his number and handed you back your phone. He lead you to where Tessa was and you pulled up a chair to sit with her even though she was asleep. He watched you from outside the room in awe and thought to himself about how lucky he is that someone like you agreed to go on a date with him.