Papa

Philip's POV 

Last night I heard Mama yelling at Pops. What was happening to our family? It had something to do with the women who is staying with us. Maria Reynolds. What was wrong with her she seemed nice. As I continued to play with my little sister Angie, ( short for Angelica) I saw Mom looking at us. I decided not to mention it, but she clearly was looking at us. She walked downstairs. 

"Somethings up with Mama," Angie said. 

"Yes something is up with her. We just have to figure out what." 

Maria's POV 

I watched Alexander get up to talk to his wife Eliza. When I first heard Alexander would be marrying into the Schuyler family, James and I were shocked. How was it possible. 

~Flashback to the days of the revolution~ 

James and I sat planning our wedding giggling. Alexander walked in. 

"What's up my best man?" James asked. 

"Not much except the fact that I just kissed Elizabeth Schuyler!" He yelled. 

"What the-" I cut James off, "HOW!" 

"I just started talking to her at that ball I went to and I just got lucky," He said. I hugged him tight. 

"Congratulations," I said.  

"Thanks," He said blushing brightly. 

~Back to present time~ 

He loved her with all his heart. He would never want to hurt her. As much as I loved Alexander, he loved Eliza. There was know way he would love me. 

"M-M-Ms. Reynolds," A voice called. I turned my head to see a small little boy. He must be Alexander's son, Phillip. 

"Yes," I said getting up from my chair. 

"S-S-S-S-Stop trying to ruin my f-family!" He said. I was confused. 

"I beg your pardon," I said. 

"I know you like my Papa. Stop trying to get him away from my Mama!" He said. 

"Phillip you must be mistaken," I said. 

"Get away from me you, you, PIG!" Phillip screamed. Alexander and Eliza walked into the room . 

"PHILLIP HAMILTON!!!" Alexander said. 

"Y-Y-Y-Yes Papa," Phillip said. 

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TALK TO MRS. REYNOLDS LIKE THAT! YOU NEED TO APOLOGIZE THIS MOMENT! HER HUSBAND JUST PASSED AWAY AND YOU THINK THAT SHE IS TRYING TO RUIN THIS FAMILY! YOU CLEARLY ARE NOT THE GENTLEMAN YOUR MOTHER AND I RAISED YOU TO BE! YOUR MOTHER WILL FIGURE OUT HOW TO PUNISH YOU FOR YOUR RUDE CRIMES!" Alexander screamed. Eliza pulled Phillip into Alexander's office. 

"I am so sorry Maria," Alexander said grabbing my hand. I pulled away and grabbed my bags. 

"Maybe I should go," I said walking out the door.  

"No Maria," He said. I stepped onto the sidewalk. 

"Clearly no one trust me, so I'll just find somewhere else to live," I began to bolt down the street and down the road. 

"MARIA!" Alexander called, "Maria." 

Phillip's POV 

My Mom pulled me grabbed a paddle and pulled me onto her lap my butt facing the sky. She began to hit me with the paddle. I began to tear up. 

"Phillip do you know how rude and insensitive that was?" My mother asked anger in her voice. 

"No Mama, someone needed to talk sense into her. She is hurting this family," I said. She hit me harder. I bit my lip holding back tears. 

"And where would you get this type of idea?" She asked. 

"Because you and Pops had a fight last night that I over heard," My Mama stopped hitting me. 

"You heard that?" She asked a hint of concern in her voice. 

"Yes Mama, I thought someone needed to put her in her place and that person was going to be me," I said. Mama and I heard a loud yell from the parlor... "MARIA!" It was Pops. A few moments later Pops walked into the room and grabbed the paddle and hit me really hard about 10 times. 

"PHILLIP MARIA JUST WALKED OUT OF THE HOUSE BECAUSE OF YOU AND YOU AND YOUR MOTHER ARE LEAVING TOMORROW FOR YOUR GRANDFATHER'S BIRTHDAY! YOU ARE SO RUDE PHILLIP!" My dad ran out the front door to find Maria. It was November and every year my Mom, my sister and I would go upstate for my grandfathers birthday and my dad would come for the birthday dinner. 

"That was really rude Phillip," My mom said walking out of the room. Maybe she was right. I should not have said those things to Mrs. Reynolds. 

(A/N) I hope you guys like this chapter please make sure to comment. 

----Elegant Panda Ninja 🐱‍👤