A Winter's Ball PT. 2

Alexander's POV 

"L-l-laf?" Thats all I could say. He was here. I hadn't seen him in years. I ran over to him giving him the biggest hug ever. 

"Mon ami I heard about Eliza, that's why I'm here," I said, "Do you want to... talk?" I looked over at Maria, I knew she wouldn't mind, but I couldn't leave her alone with Jefferson even if Washington was here. 

"But then I would be leaving my date wouldn't I?" I said looking at Maria. Laffaytte's jaw dropped. 

"M-M-Maria mon ami," He said hugging her. Then he realized something, "If you two are on a date what happened to James?" Maria looked at me then Laf. 

"He died two months ago," She said. My arm went around her waist. Anyone who was anyone in the army knew Laf had the biggest crush on Maria, even Washington joked about it in the middle of battle saying stuff like, "C'mon Laffayatte stay alive. You don't want to crush Maria's heart do you?" At the time Maria was engaged to James, but he also liked Peggy. 

"Maria I am so sorry," Laffaytte said. 

"It's fine know you two go have fun, I'll go find you if I need something," Maria said walking over to Peggy and Angelica. 

"Are you sure?" I asked. 

"Yes now go," She said disapearing into the crowd. Laf and I walked around catching up. 

"So you and Maria are dating?" Laffayte asked. 

"Yes," I said. 

"How much do you love her?" He asked. 

"A lot." 

"Enough to marry her?" My cheeks began to heat up. Laffayte started to cackle. 

"YOU DO MON AMI!" He said. 

"Yeah and you're here to stick your hand up Peggy's dress," Laffaytte stopped. 

"C'mon you love her, the dancing is about to start go find her," I said. I ran down to find Maria. 

Laffaytte's POV 

I hadn't seen Alex in year's but he was still as quick witted as ever. I went downstairs looking for Peggy. We still wrote to each other, but what would happen if this became serious and I had to go back to France. I found Peggy talking to Jefferson. She hugged me tight. 

"LAFFAYTTE!" She screamed. 

"Peggy, mon amour," I said. She knew of my feelings. Peggy looked up at me with pleeding eyes, before I knew it she was kissing me, and I was kissing her back. Thomas's jaw dropped. My hands found Peggy's hips. Then I pulled away. 

"Ms. Schuyler may I have the honor of a dance?" I asked holding out my arm. 

"Why yes of course," She said. 

Maria's POV 

A crowd formed watching Laffaytte and Peggy dance. Those two were ment for each other. Soon Alex and I also began to dance. We twirled around the ball room. Alex gleemed. I saw Thomas looking at us. He raised his glass to us in aproval. Then Alex grabbed me in his arms, bent me over and kissed me on the lips. The crowd cheered. He helped me up and whispered. 

"I love you... Maria Reynolds," 

Peggy's POV 

Laffaytte and I didn't even stay to watch Alex and Maria's dance. We were making our way up to Thomas's bedroom. I felt Laf's hands reach up my dress as he threw me on the bed. 

"I love you mon amour," He said. 

"I do as well," 

Alex's POV 

I woke up the next morning naked in a bed. I shot up. Maria was getting dressed in a plain dress. 

"My you were very needy last night," She said kissing my cheek. I got up and began got dressed. 

"Are we still at Monticello?" I asked. 

"Yes rember we are spending the rest of the day with Thomas, Laf, and Peggy," She said. 

"No I don't rember, but I do rember how beautiful you are." I kissed her cheek. 

"My arn't you a flirt," She said. 

"Yes I am Maria, get use to it."