Walk Around the Lake

Alex's POV 

I was going to propose to Maria, boy I was scared. Jefferson kept trying to whisper it was okay. The lake was beautiful. Maria stood there looking at the lake. Her eyes gleemed as the sun reflected off them. Lafayette stood with Peggy, watching some geese fly over. I kissed Maria's check. 

"Maria," I said. 

"Yes Alexander," She said. 

"I love you more than anything, and I know we have only been dating for a little while, maybe two months, but I don't want to lose you, I can't lose you. I don't want to make a mistake and not ask you this so my dear Maria, will you do me the honor of being my wife?" She was silent for a moment. 

"YES!" She yelled, "YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSS!" She was screaming. I picked her up, swung her around a kissed her. Her lips were still like silk. She began to cry. 

"Oh please don't cry," I said wipping away tears. In her happiness Maria didn't realize how close to the lake she was till she feel in. We started to laugh. Maria was soaking wet. When she got out she pushed me in as well. Everyone else started laughing. I clawed out of the lake and began to chase after Maria. 

"COME HERE YOU LITTLE TROLL!" I yelled. She laughed as she made a hard right causing me the run head first into a tree. Peggy, Thomas, and Lafayette finally caught up to us. 

"Mon ami, how stupid are you," Lafayette cackled. I stood up and took Maria's hand. 

"Well if we are to get home by tomorrow we better get going, and we have some news to tell the news paper goodbye," We began to walk to the carriage looking at each others eyes. 

A/N I'm sorry if this seems rushed, but I really want to do some things that would require them to be married or engaged. Don't think that just because they are engaged means this is ending. I have many ideas, and I just thought I would get them engaged now

---Elegant Panda Ninja🐼