Maria Parent's

Maria's POV 

I sat by the fire reading through letters. Peggy was with the children. Most of the letters were about how I didn't deserve Alexander, but it was all fine, untill a certain one with a certain address that caught my eye. MY PARENTS! I hadn't talked to my parents since I was 17. My parents were loyalist, so they thought King George should rule the colonies. They tried to force me the marry a wealthy loyalist, but I ran away and met James a few years later. I began to cry just by seeing the address. I hadn't even opened it. Alexander rushed to my side. 

"Maria is everything alright?" I asked. I handed him the letter. He knew about my parents. 

"Do you want me to read it?" He asked. I nodded. He opened the letter. 

Dear Mrs. Maria Lewis Reynolds, 

My dear, we haven't heard from you and in so long and were shocked we had to hear about your engagment to Alexander Hamilton via the news paper. We will be coming to visit on the 15th and you better talk to us. Understand? And I'm sure you'd invite us to the wedding. 

Your's Truly, 

Mrs and Mr. Lewis. 

"THAT'S TODAY!" I yelled. I began to cry, "Maybe I should give them a second chance?" Alex lifted up my head and looked me dead in the eye and said, "No Maria, they hurt you, really badly. I'll make sure they don't even lay a finger on you." I smiled. He kissed me passionitley and then there was a loud knock, not on the door, but the window. It was my brother, mother, and father snickering. I marched to the front door. 

"WHAT DO YOU WANT!" I screamed. 

"Fussy are we?" My mother asked. My mother began to walk towards me, but Alex pushed her out of the way. 

"Don't you dare even touch her," He said, glaring. 

"Mr. Hamilton, I'm Mr. Lewis I very much enjoy your work," He said extending a hand. Alex didn't shake it. 

"What do you want?" Alex asked. 

"We want to see our daughter of course," My mother said. My bother tapped his foot. 

"NO!" I yelled. 

"C'mon Bittsy, we don't have time for this," My brother, Will yelled. I began to tear up. Bittsy was his nickname for me. He called me that cause we owned a horse named Bittsy who was overweight and couldn't keep it's foal alive for more than 2 days. Alex held my face in his hands. 

"Look, you better get off my property now!" Alex yelled. 

"Oh Alexander you think we're going to leave?" My dad laughed. 

"That's Mr. Hamilton to you, sir," He said. 

"Look we just want to talk, meet our future grandchildren and future son in-law. Even though those children you had with that slut Schuyler girl arn't really our grandchildren they are better than nothing," My mom said. At this Alexander got furious. 

"ELIZA WAS NOT A SLUT AND SHE DIED IN A HORRIBLE WAY! HOW DARE YOU CALL HER THAT AND MY TWO CHILDREN WILL NEVER BE YOUR GRANDCHILDREN SO HOW ABOUT YOU SAVE YOURSELFS SOME BRUISES AND LEAVE!" Alexander yelled. My mom looked shocked. She then started to laugh. 

"You still love that Schuyler girl don't you!" She exclamied. I could tell there was a demon lurking in Alexander and I couldn't let in unleash. 

"Of course he still cares for her. She is how he got to this point in his life. She is what taught him what love is. So take his advice and leave," I said. 

"Fine, fine, fine, but when he kills himself to be with that Schuyler girl don't crawl back to us," And with that my mom, my dad, and Will left. Alex and I both feel on the floor crying. 

"I'M SORRY!" He wailed. 

"Why are you sorry, they brought up Eliza and called her a slut." 

"I LET YOU DOWN! I COULDN'T HELP YOU!" We wiped the tears from each others eyes. Then Peggy and the kids walked by. 

"WHAT HAPPENED!" She screamed. 

"My parents," I said. I kissed Alexander's forehead and got up. Them Peggy said... 

"I'm about the kill some bitchies."