A Flame

A/N this chapter contains racist comments. I don't believe in these statements they were just views of the time. So don't yell at me in the comments. 

Alexander's POV

I sat in a carriage going upstate for Eliza's fathers birthday. It was sad to leave Maria, but it was only for two days. I saw the mansion up on the hill. It was beautiful. I saw Eliza waiting for me. I got out of the carriage and ran over to her. 

"Alexander," She said smiling. 

"Hello my dear," I said. 

"PAPA!" A little voice called. It was Angie. I picked her up and Phillip hugged me. 

"Oh I missed you guys," I said. Angelica and Peggy came out of the house. 

"I've missed you two," I said. Then Mr. Schuyler appeared. 

"Mr. Schuyler," I said shaking his hand. 

"Alexander good to see you again," He said. 

"Let's go inside for dinner," Eliza said. 

"Good idea," I said pulling my jacket tighter. We all sat down and said our prayers and sat down. One of Mr. Schuyler's slaves lit a fire in the fireplace. 

"Mr. Schuyler you still own slaves?" I asked looking at the poor women in rags. 

"Why yes I do Alexander, they are my property after all," He said with a chuckle. Eliza gave me a look. So did Angelica and Peggy. 

"Mr. Schuyler, I would hope I would not have to argue with you this visit, especially on your birthday, but these are people. Just because there skin tone is different does not mean you have the right to treat them like shit," I said. 

"Don't say that in front of the children!" Eliza said. I ignored her. 

"Alexander must we argue?" Mr. Schuyler said. 

"No we don't need to if you would just give your slaves a chance to be free," I said. 

"Alexander," Eliza said. 

"Alexander you think you are so smart, but your views are idiotic," Mr. Schuyler said. I stood up. 

"Come on children we are going outside," I said. Of course my kids followed. 

"Where are we going Pops?" Phillip asked. 

"We are going to take a walk for a minute," I said. We began to walk up a hill, I was mumbling to myself. That's when I heard a crash, a crackle, and a scream. I ran back up the hill to see the house in smoke. I saw Angelica and Peggy running out of the house. 

"Stay here kids," I said running down the hill. 

"WHERE'S ELIZA!!!" I screamed at Angelica. 

"I don't know. She was with us a minute ago," Angelica said. 

"How did this happen?" I asked. 

"The rug caught on fire," Peggy said. Before I knew it I was running into the house. 

"ALEXANDER!" Angelica screamed. 

A/N Cliffhanger. I know I'm so mean. I'm sorry this chapter was short, I just didn't know what else to had and I wanted to get straight to the drama. Also thank's for 51 reads WTF. 

Also a huge thank you to @RoseAmethyst202 and @RealMariaReynolds for reading and commenting. Make sure to comment. 

---Elegant Panda Ninja🐱‍👤