The Funeral Pt. 2

Alexander's POV

I stepped out the the carriage to Eliza's grave. The children at my sides. Maria said she shouldn't come because it would look weird and honestly I thought she was right. At the grave I saw someone who I thought wouldn't be there or have any interest in be here. It was Aaron Burr.

"Burr," I called as I walked over to Eliza's grave.

"Alexander," Burr said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I am deeply sorry for your loss, Eliza was amazing and her spark will never go out even as time passes by," He said. I began to cry. Burr took me in his arms.

"It's okay Alexander she's in a better place know," Aaron said.

"She needs to be here with the children, with me. SHE CAN'T BE DEAD AARON!" I screamed. Heads turned. I saw Angelica and Peggy walking up to the grave, both crying there eyes out. I walked up to them and hugged them.

"She can't be gone," Angelica said. We all stood crying until the priest began his speech...

"Today we are here to celebrate the life of Eliza Schuyler Hamilton, beloved daughter, wife, mother, and sister," He began to say, "She loved everyone she met, and everyone loved her in return. She was the second born to Phillip Schuyler who also is dead. She always wanted to help children who didn't have the opportunities she had as a child. In one of her last letters she said she wanted to build a private orphanage for those children. Her loss is a grand one, one that has shaken all of New York City. She was a devoted wife and mother. She married Alexander the current Secretary of the Treasury. They loved each other, and that's all that mattered in there eyes. They had two children, Philip Hamilton and Angelica Hamilton. Now Angelica Schuyler Church is going to say a few words about her sister," The priest walked away to allow Angelica to talk. Tears streamed down her face.

"The first words my sister said as a baby was happy, which my family and I thought was a good omen. She was the kindest, happiest, sweetest person you would ever met. She cared deeply for everyone even if they were the enemies of her husband, who has many enemies," People began to look at me and laugh. I smiled. Eliza would of found a way for people to laugh even during the saddest things. Angelica continued her speech, "I remember the first time I met Alexander Hamilton. It was truly love at first sight. There letters to each other were non stop. She was so helpless around him. He vowed to never leave her. Alexander is never satisfied with his work, but Eliza always found a way to get him to the closest point of satisfaction. Eliza met Alexander during a winter's ball. And know Alexander to say a few words about Eliza," Angelica let me speak. I was crying. I took a deep breath and began to talk.

"Eliza, my dear Eliza. To think she is gone can shatter the heart of someone who didn't even know her. She was always happy, and found a way to make others happy even during the darkest of times. She never waited for something to happen, she went out and did it, similar to me. She always wanted to help children that's why..." I took a deep breath, "I am going to build a private orphanage in her name. The Eliza Schuyler Hamilton Orphanage of New York City. Her work will always be noticed. I plan to have the orphanage open by July," There was a cheer from everyone. There was a moment of silence before they placed the casket into the grave. I watched them fill up the whole with dirt. When it was done people began to walk around, but then a small voice pipped up, "Wait!" It was Philip.

"I-I-I wanna say a few words in the theme of a poem," He said. People began to watch.

"Her name was Eliza, a very pretty one. She loved everyone. She taught me french and piano. She never gave me a little brother though. She married my daddy and they had me and my sister. She loved us," Philip bowed. Before we left I went to the grave.

"Goodbye Eliza, I loved you don't forget that,"

A/N I AM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT! I have been out of town so sorry. While writing this part I listened to Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story non stop. Also a huge thank you to... @Ellie_LAFAYETTE and @hamillover324 for commenting. Please do comment.

---Elegant Panda Ninja 🐱‍👤