Jefferson the Idiot

Alexander's POV 

I ran down the streets yelling "MARIA! MARIA REYNOLDS!" People looked at me like I was crazy. I over heard some people saying, "Hamilton's finally lost it." Some people just didn't understand. I walked into the park when I felt a hand go over my shoulder. 

"Oh if it isn't my favorite peasant," The voice said. I turned around to see Jefferson. 

"Shut up," I said as I turned around and continued my path of finding Maria, but of course he followed me. 

"Who's Maria?" Jefferson asked. 

"None of your god damn business," I said. Thomas kept following me. 

"Oh come on Alexander you're such a fun hater," He said. 

"Just stop following me. I need to find Maria and you are slowing me down," As I said this Jefferson let out a long groan. 

"Please," He said. A cold wind blew past us. That's when I heard a small cry. 

"Maria," I said. I saw her on a bench crying. I ran faster than my legs could carry me. I hugged her tight. Jefferson, of course followed me. 

"Alex-Alexander," She said through hundreds of tears. 

"Shhhhh it's okay baby girl," I said. After I said that I realized Thomas was behind me because he started cackling. 

"This is-this is quality shit right here. Alexander Hamilton is this your mistress?!" Thomas couldn't refrain from laughing. Maria stood up and slapped him clear across the face. 

"Ohhh this kitty likes to scratch," Thomas said, "With a bit of good work you would make a fine wife to take to balls and state dinners." Maria slapped him again. Maria tried to shake back tears. 

"How-How dare you speak to me in such manner!" Maria exclaimed, "My husband just passed away and I stay with a dear friend only to be made fun of by Thomas Jefferson." She cried again. I took Maria into my arms. 

"It's okay Maria, it's okay, I'm sure Jefferson will gladly leave," I said glaring at Jefferson. Instead Jefferson bowed at Maria. 

"I am deeply sorry ma'am for I was mistaken. For I know how it feels to lose a spouse, my deepest apologies," He said. 

"Thank you Mr. Jefferson, but I will not be needing your apologies where I'm going," Maria turned her heel, grabbed her bags and began to walk home. 

The walk home was in silence. Maria didn't talk. She had always been shy, ever since I met her. 

~Flashback to when Hamilton met Maria~ 

"Hamilton!" A booming voice called. I turned around to see James with a younger women on his arm. The ball room was big and I had just met a beautiful women, Elizabeth Schuyler. 

"James," I said, "Is this the women you have been telling me about for weeks, Maria isn't it." I kissed her hand. James laughed. 

"Don't go kissing my girl Alexander, she is mine you little slut," He said. I laughed. Maria just smiled. I smiled back. 

"Does she talk or is she a mute?" I asked. 

"Ohhh s-s-sorry," Maria said. 

"She's very shy," James said, "now let us go my dear. Alexander we will see you later." 

~Back to current time~ 

Maria and I had grown very close when James was off fighting and I wasn't. I cared for Maria, I really do even if it seemed like my motives were... skeptical. 

"I'm sorry for everything. Eliza, Phillip, Jefferson, all these people think that you are some type of devil or something, but you're not, you're just Maria. Maria Reynolds one and only," Maria chuckled. 

"You are the best friend I could ask for," Maria said. 

"And I agree with that statement," I said.  

(A/N) Thanks for reading please comment what you think. 

---Elegant Panda Ninja 🐱‍👤