12: I love you

For tea, Charlie and I sit with my Mum. "What are you doing tonight, Charlie?" Mum asks him. "Are you going home or would you like to stay here for the night?"

He turns to face me. "I think I'll stay and entertain Leo."

"Oh yes, of course," Mum smiles. "Leo's been getting bored of that bed."

"So he said," Charlie replies, shoving a mouthful of food down his throat. I let go of my fork, let it clank against the china bowl, food still left around the bottom. "You okay?" I nod, upset.

"I'm going to go upstairs," I say, standing and heading towards the stairs. Even though Charlie hasn't finished eating, he gets up and follows me. At the top of the stairs, he turns me around. 

"What's wrong?" He asks. I don't reply. "Leo?" He places a hand underneath my chin, pushing it up. I gulp, trembling. "What's wrong?"

"I don't feel so right," I say. 

"Leo, I need you to tell me what's wrong so I can help you," Charlie replies. I sit on my bed in my room. Charlie follows and shuts the door. I lift up my t-shirt, reveal a scar that's bleeding again. "Leo, what's that from?"

"I did it a few days ago," I reply, upset. "I'm sorry, Charlie."

Charlie sits on the bed next to me, legs crossed in front of me. My legs dangle over the edge. His hand lands on the left side of my neck, turns me to face him but he's not angry like I thought he would be. "You don't need to be sorry, Leo." I turn around properly to face him, cross my legs in between us as well. "You just need to be honest with me and you were." He pulls me closer. "Thank you." He pulls me onto his lap, legs still crossed but mine not, rests his forehead against mine. "I love you, Leo." Our eyes meet.

"I love you too."

Author's Note: Sorry it's been a while since I updated, I recently got back from Tenerife and then I had to unpack and unwind. But here's another update. I know this update isn't a letter but I promise you that the next one will be.

Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed this update - Chloe xx