A Dragon's Roar

I looked at Peyton surprised, had she really just made an icicle that was made out of her icy breath fly through the air.

     Peyton perked her ears and closed her eyes as if she were smiling.  She ran towards me, using her wing to throw me onto her back.

     "Woah!!" I shouted.  She ran out the door and began flying around the house.  I looked around and that feeling came over me again, I felt like nothing could touch me.

     The next day I woke up to my alarm clock only to remember I had work that day.  After work I decided to go into town.  As I walked through the town Peyton stayed at home doing who knows what.

     I passed a coffee shop and decided to make a pit stop.  I ordered a coffee and sat down.  I stared at this guy... He looked awfully familiar.... Wait wasn't he that guy with the Pheonix?  I blushed.  He's just so cute!

     He looked over at me.  "Oh hey!  What was your name again?"

     "Allison..." I said, the room getting warmer by the second.

     "That's a nice name, I'm Kieth."
     "C-cool..." I said, my heart beating as fast as a galloping horse.

     "Hey want to come sit by me?"

     I snapped out of it, he's just a regular guy... A really cute one.... Ah!  "Uh sure," I grabbed my coffee and walked over to sit down with him.

     I realized something.  Is this like a date now???  Or did he just ask me to come sit with him to be nice???  Ah why are relationships so confusing???

     "You okay?"  He asked.

     "I uh, yeah I'm fine, just spaced out there a bit."

     I realized that other than the worker, we were the only ones there.  Suddenly I heard a loud roar, I realized with horror that time had stopped just the way it did in 8th grade, but this time me and Kieth could move through time.  What's going on???

     I looked out the window only to see Peyton flying through the air, her eyes cold and hard. I knew immediately this wasn't the Peyton I knew, someone must've been controlling her.