Pregnancy

It was November 17. The day before Annabeth's and Percy's first Anniversary. Annabeth and Percy had an amazing cruise. Annabeth saw dolphins! She knew it was because of Percy but it was still magical!

Annabeth and Percy had decided about a month ago to start trying to start their family.  Annabeth had realized she had skipped this month. She realized that maybe it was time to check if she was having a child or not. 

Annabeth told Percy she was going to for a small drive. She got in the car Percy had got for her and drove to walmart for a pregnancy test. When she arrived she bought a pack of 3 for $30. She went to the bathroom and followed the instructions. She stared at the test waiting for an answer then the second line came. Positive.

Annabeth couldn't believe it. She decided to not get her hopes up yet. She took out the second test and repeated the steps. Positive. She was going to be a Mother! She grabbed the two positive tests and the unused one and hurried home. 

When she arrived Percy greeted her. Annabeth hugged her husband think about how good a Dad he would be. 

"Percy, I lied to you." Annabeth started. "I didn't go for a drive. I went to walmart to buy something."

"Okay...why are you telling me this?" Percy asked. Instead of answering Annabeth handed him the positive tests. Annabeth laughed as Percy's eyes widened. "Are these real? We're having a baby?"

"Yes!" Annabeth said crying tears of joy. "I have another unused one in case you didn't believe me." She pulled out the unused one and showed Percy.

"I believe you but let's just get a third confirmation to make sure." Percy said and the headed to the bathroom. When the results came in they had a third positive test. Percy hugged Annabeth and then they kissed. Annabeth smiled just think of her and Percy as parents. It brought her joy just to think that a year ago she was being married and now, she was pregnant. 

~~~

It was February 28. Annabeth was 18 weeks pregnant. She was going with Percy to find out the gender. Her belly bump was about normal size but the doctors said that they might not be able to see the gender but that didn't keep Annabeth from getting excited.

When they arrived at the doctors and were escorted to the ultrasound room. Annabeth and Percy were both guessing boy. Hera had offered to tell her the gender, being the goddess of motherhood and all but Annabeth wouldn't allow it. She didn't want Hera helping at all with the pregnancy and birth. She might have been a little too rude to the queen of the gods but Hera deserved it. She had stolen Percy! Kidnapped him! 

The nurse finally came in and put Annabeth on the ultrasound. She seemed to keep looking. The expression on her face made it clear that the gender could not be found. Finally the nurse told her that the gender could not be detected. Percy seemed to sense Annabeth's disappointment. He rubbed her hand and kissed her. Annabeth knew it was Hera's fault that the gender was not found. 

Annabeth left the doctor's office still upset. Percy took her to Cold Stone to try and cheer her up. It worked. Percy always knew just how to cheer her up. 

~~~

It was May 2. Annabeth was 27 weeks pregnant Her belly had definitely grown. Annabeth had heard a rumor that Athena had somehow threatened Hera into making her baby healthier. Annabeth appreciated it but was a little upset that Hera had an involvement. Annabeth signed. At least she would have a nice healthy baby. Percy and Annabeth were going to go shopping for baby clothes later. They decided to buy both gender clothing and then they could return the wrong gender clothing later. Percy just had to get home from work first.

Percy had gotten special training with Poseidon about ocean stuff then he had gotten a job as a marine animal inspector. He basically just went around to different aquariums and made sure all the animals were being treated properly. Annabeth also had a job. She was an architect but she normally did all her work in her office. She occasionally went around to check on the progress of her building that were being built. 

When Percy got home Annabeth was shocked. He walked in the house holding a picture of a puppy. 

"I took today off of work. I went downtown to go look at dogs since I know you've always wanted you own dog. While I was looking I found Maxine. She is a king Charles Spaniel and is just about the cutest thing on Earth. I just wanted to make sure it was the dog you wanted before it became ours." Percy said handing Annabeth the picture of Maxine.

"I think I'll love her!" Annabeth said. She and Percy loaded up into the car and drove over to the pound.  Annabeth completely fell in love with Maxine when she saw her. They signed the papers and Maxine was theirs. She really was the cutest thing on Earth. Annabeth was so in love with her she completely forgot about the shopping trip.

~~~

It was July 12, Annabeth's birthday! She was 21 years old and 37 weeks pregnant. The day was going great. Percy had brought her breakfast in bed. He had made cheesy scrambled eggs, 3 slices of bacon, and a black cherry yogurt. After breakfast Percy and her had just cuddled for a little bit. Then Percy had to go to work and Annabeth had to go shopping. 

It was noon when Annabeth got home. She cooked herself a small lunch and started preparing dinners. Sally, Lawena, Pauls, and Rachel were all coming over for dinner. Annabeth had decided on Pork chops, mashed potatoes, gravy, and fruit salad for dinner. Then for her birthday cake she was making cupcakes with little notes on them with things like, "Future mom" or "Future Aunt" on them. Each one was made for a specific person. 

By 4:30 most of dinner was made. Annabeth was sitting o the couch reading her magazine. She decided not to start the pork chops until 5:00 so they would still be hot at dinner time. Everything was normal. Then out of nowhere Annabeth felt a gush of warm water. Her water had just broken. Annabeth quickly grabbed her phone and called Percy. 

"Percy, my water just broke." Annabeth said into the phone. 

"Stay calm. I'm on my way home. Just relax. Don't grab the hospital bags or anything. Just be calm . I'll be there as soon as I can." Percy said.

"Okay. Love you babe." Annabeth said and hung up. She called all the guest that were going to be coming for dinner that dinner was being canceled. She was having a baby. She was having her baby!