A Visit

"Annabeth please!"Percy begged for the millionth time. 

"Percy, I have to. The gods saved your life and I must thank them." Annabeth said determined.

It had been a week since Annabeth had made her conclusion. She had been preparing and begging Percy to let her go but in the end, it really didn't matter what Percy said. Annabeth was going to thank Poseidon. 

She was going to drive to Mt. Olympus. There she would thank Athena and Poseidon if he was there. If he wasn't she had a plane ticket reserved to go to Miami. She would then use a seashell necklace Percy gave her to breath underwater and swim to Poseidon's place. Then she would thank her father-in-law, who saved the day when she needed it most. 

Percy wanted to go but he had to stay with the kids. He tried to see if they could bring the kids but there were not enough seats on the plane. 

Annabeth would have loved to take the kids with her but it was just too undo-able. The cost was too high and the triplets were still a little young to travel. 

"Percy, you don't understand. You were dead. I remember holding your lifeless body wondering what would become of our family. I was going to be a lost single mother trapped under the stress of being a homeless mother of 4 children under 5!" Annabeth said.

She stared into Percy eyes hoping to portray the pain she felt. Finally Percy gave in. Annabeth packed her bags up and as scheduled, hopped in the car the next morning to drive to Olympus. 

It was about a 5 hour drive from where they lived. Annabeth enjoyed the time alone to listen to some audio books and do some audio mad libs. Finally she arrived at the empire state building. 

"How may I help you?" the man at the front desk asked. 

"Yes, i would like to get to the 600th floor." Annabeth said.

"I'm sorry but there are only 102 floors." The man said.

"Look, I'm Annabeth Chase Jackson. Daughter of Athena and Wife of the Hero Percy Jackson." Annabeth declared. The man only looked annoyed. 

"I'm sorry mam but we can't have you just acting like an idiot. Either tell me how I can assist you or leave." The man snapped.

"Key to the 600th floor please." Annabeth said.

"Fine, but I need proof." The man said with a  sigh. 

Annabeth smiled and opened her purse to pull out her camp half blood necklace. The man looked at it and reluctantly handed Annabeth the key. She ran for the elevator and quickly jammed the key in. The 600 button appeared and Annabeth happily selected it. 

When the door opened Annabeth heart sighed. Every since she had redesigned Olympus it was so sweet to see it. All the artwork she had handpicked, the columns she had perfectly placed, the shades of all the walls, and the floors. 

Annabeth walked to the room she had designed as the throne room and found Poseidon and Athena talking. Annabeth hated to interrupt but she knew that listening to godly gossip could be bad. 

"Mother, Father-in-law; I have come to speak with you about recent events." Annabeth said. Athena smiled and nodded encouraging Annabeth ti continue. 

"I was guessing, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think that Poseidon, you saved Percy, our house, our children, and everything else. I was also thinking that Athena might have protected my memories since mine were the only ones not erased." Annabeth said.

"Dang, how did you get such a smart child?" Poseidon said. Athena just glared at him as if to say, "Dude, I'm the goddess of wisdom. What do you expect?"

"Well Annabeth, I'm afraid you are correct. I trusted Poseidon but you mind, your memories, and you knowledge was too powerful to have him touch. So, I didn't let him." Athena said smiling warmly. Poseidon murmured something under his breath and Athena gave him a hard glare. 

"Well then I would like to thank you personally. I know you did it to protect family, Poseidon, but you helped me in so many ways." Annabeth said to Poseidon. "And thank you for saving my mind." Annabeth said to her Mother.

They talked for another minute then Annabeth left. Annabeth left the place ready to take life back on again.