Missing

Annabeth was staring to relax. It was now June 15th. No one else had an emergency trip to the ER since Paige.

Paige was fully healed. She was now up to 27 pounds, a healthy weight for her young age. She was eating fine and had told Annabeth that her bowel movements were back to normal. 

Percy had resumed work and Paige had gone back to enjoying her"Daddy movies", as she called them. The triplets all seemed to be Mama's children. Especially Sophia. 

Annabeth had just put the triplets down for naps when she went to go let Maxine out. When Annabeth called no little puppy came running. Annabeth was worried. Maxine always came. She ran to the basement and no Maxine.

She went to the nursery, the kitchen, the bathroom, everywhere! Maxine was nowhere. Annabeth quickly picked up her phone and dialed in Percy's number. 

"Percy, I can't find Maxy anywhere!" Annabeth said worried. 

"Did you check the laundry room? The living room? Your office?" Percy asked.

"I check everywhere. I yelled her name and she didn't come." Annabeth said. 

"Well, I read something that if you dog goes missing wait till morning to do something. They know where food is." Percy said. Annabeth nodded and hung up,

How could she wait till morning? Her baby was gone! Her little Maxine!

Annabeth ate dinner with Percy by the door. She prayed that she would her a little scratching. She didn't. 

The next morning Annabeth ran to the door but no Maxine. Annabeth was worried sick. When Percy woke he say Annabeth in her office making missing posters. For all she knew Maxine could have run into the ocean, been ripped away by a current and died at sea. 

By noon Annabeth had feed everyone at least twice, packed everything, and put the triplets in a stroller and was out to hang up the posters. When ever she say a person she would ask the,.  Finally toward the end Annabeth stopped a nice old lady walking her dog.

"Mam., have you seen a dog like this." Annabeth said showing her the flyer. 

"As a matter of fact I have. My husband showed me the dog on our way home. It was hiving so we brought it inside. We feed her and put her in a spare cage for the night. She was a very good girl. I would have called someone put she had no collar." The old lady said. Annabeth's eyes lit up.

"Oh my gosh! Thank you so much. I've been worried sick about my little Maxine!" Annabeth said with a sigh of relief. Maxine was safe. 

After a quickly walk to the old lady's house Annabeth was reunited with Maxine. She was so happy! Maxine was jumping with joy. 

Annabeth thanked the woman. Annabeth insisted on a reward but the lady declined. Annabeth tried her hardest to convince the old lady but it was useless. 

Annabeth walked back home and took down the poster on her way home. She kept them in her office though just in case.