Only getting worse

This was officially the worst week of Annabeth life. She would have rather relived her life in Tartarus then repeat this week again. 

The look on Paige's face when Annabeth told Paige that daddy wouldn't be home for over a week hurt worse than a knife. It only made it worse that Paige didn't scream, didn't cry, didn't say a word. She just hung her head and walked to her bedroom. 

Then Paige wouldn't eat. She wouldn't talk, eat, or leave her room. After a few days Annabeth, like any good mom, took Paige to the doctors. She told them about Paige. They told her she would be fine. 

Annabeth was sure Paige was not fine. Finally on 12th at about 5:30 Annabeth was trying to get into Paige's room. When Annabeth walked in Paige was asleep. Annabeth tried to wake her up. She wasn't waking up. 

"Piper!" Annabeth screamed. 

"What wrong?" Piper asked as she ran into the room.

"Paige isn't waking up. She is breathing and has a pulse but she in unconscious." Annabeth said trying to keep calm. 

"I'll call an Ambulance." Jason said walking in. He pulled out his phone and started talking. 

5 minutes later an ambulance was there. They ran into the house. They picked little Paige up and Annabeth ran with them. Piper and Jason said that they would take care of the triplets and meet Annabeth at the hospital ASAP. Annabeth climbed into the ambulance and they were off.

Soon they were at the hospital. They took her to a room. Doctor and nurse quickly took her blood pressure, temperature, and weight. Annabeth gasped when she saw the weight. 16 pounds. She used to be 23! She dropped 7 pounds. 

The doctors put an IV in her since she was servery dehydrated. Percy came and Annabeth just balled. 

"Why Percy? Why do the gods have to pick on our children? They never asked for this!" Annabeth said. 

"I'm so sorry this all had to happen. I hate being a demigod sometimes. You just have to be brave!" Percy said giving Annabeth a shoulder to cry on.

Piper and Jason showed up quickly with Parker, Nichole, and Nicholas. Piper managed the children with her charmspeak while Jason went down to the NICU to substitute for Percy.  Percy stayed to be a good husband to Annabeth. 

It was 9:00 before Paige woke up. Percy quickly ran to his small daughter's side. She was so weak. Her face was pale and her skin was cold. 

"Daddy!" Paige said weakly. Her voice was hoarse. Percy walked up to her, took a seat in the chair next to her bed and held her hand. Almost the second their hand touched Paige fell asleep. 

Annabeth cried for a while then fell asleep knowing that Paige would be okay. Finally after a while Percy left to head back to the NICU and Jason returned. Annabeth had taken back over the job of a mother. 

The next morning at 8:30 a nurse came in and said that Paige could leave tomorrow if she was able to keep stable conditions today. It was perfect. The doctors in the NICU said that Sophia could leave then too.

Hazel and Frank came by and helped Piper and Jason who were both exhausted. Piper and Jason left and Annabeth got a text a few hours later that almost right after they walked in the crashed down asleep on te floor. 

Annabeth was so thankful to have such wonderful friends. Even though Annabeth was sure that Athena had something to do with it she was glad that all of her family was safe.