Life with a Newborn

For the next few days Percy stayed home to help Annabeth with Paige and Maxine. Annabeth had done a little bit off work but hadn't started working full days yet. Paige was a sweet little girl but she was a normal baby. She spit up, pooped, and peed herself. Maxine still wanted attention and it was hard to do it all. Annabeth always had laundry to do and dishes to be done. Percy helped a lot but is was a lot of work. 

Finally when Paige was one week Percy had to go back to work. Annabeth kissed him goodbye and started another day of work and mothering. Annabeth loved being a Mother but it could really be stressful. 

Since Paige was still asleep Annabeth decided to get herself ready. She got dressed did her makeup and started her hair before Paige woke up.  Annabeth then fed her little Angel. It was about 9:45 by the time that Paige was fed, burped, changed, and placed in the wrap. Annabeth started doing dishes. There weren't very many since she had done them yesterday while Percy was there to take Paige. Paige quickly fell asleep. 

After dishes while Paige was still asleep. Annabeth started sweeping. She got her office, the kitchen, the dining room, and one bathroom swept before Paige decided she had enough. Annabeth walked to the coach and removed the wrap. She looked at Paige and it almost seemed that Paige stopped crying so hard.

Annabeth started to bounce Paige in her arms but Paige still screamed. Annabeth tried feeding, burping, changing her diaper, everything! Paige was just not having it. Finally Annabeth sat down on the couch and just stared at her crying daughter. 

"If only Percy were here" Annabeth said starting to cry. Then she got an idea. What if Paige missed Percy? 

Annabeth ran to her room and grabbed a picture of Percy and her. She showed it to little Paige and she started to calm down. Annabeth quickly turned on her phone and pulled up a recording of Percy's voice. Paige heard it and stopped crying. 

Annabeth completely started bawling tears of joy. Her daughter missed Percy! Paige missed her dad! She knew his face and voice. 

The rest of the day whenever Paige stared to cry Annabeth would start playing the recording. Paige almost always calmed down. A few times she just needed a diaper change or some food but she was happy when Percy's voice was playing. Annabeth couldn't wait until Percy came home!

Finally at 5:15 Percy walked in. Paige was sleeping and Annabeth ran to see him. Percy was shocked. Although Annabeth loved him with all her heart, she never ran to meet him. 

"Is everything okay?" Percy asked with concern. 

"Better than okay." Annabeth said tearing up again. 

"What happened?" Percy asked. 

"Well Paige was crying and I tried everything. She would not calm down. So I sat on the couch and thought, 'If only Percy were here' then I get the idea that maybe she misses you. So I show her a picture of you and she calms down a little. So I play that recording of you I had on my phone and she stops! Completely stops crying!" Annabeth said crying tears of joy. 

Percy was shocked. He felt so touched and loved that his daughter. He started crying too. They couple hugged each other crying with love and joy. 

The rest of the night Annabeth recorded videos of Percy. She took ones of him signing, him just smiling and speaking baby, and ones of him just comforting Paige. Annabeth uploaded them to the TV and set up the baby swing in front of it. 

The next day after Percy went to work when ever Paige started crying Annabeth would put her in the swing and play a video of Percy. Paige would sometimes even fall asleep to the sound of her father's voice. It made Annabeth so proud to hear the voice of her husband comforting her little daughter.

Annabeth was finally able to get work down both around the house and with her job. Annabeth was in heaven having her child comforted by her father while he was away and with the look on Paige's face she knew Paige felt the same.