Chapter 1: "Her Point of View"

How had I gotten here? What the hell went wrong?

Well let's back track a bit, let me take you back to 4 months ago, when life was somewhat NORMAL. I had just moved to a small town from the big city, and to be honest I wasn't ecstatic about that. Leaving my friends and family wasn't easy, but according to my parents it was 'for the best'. But what did they know? They weren't a 16-year-old teenage girl.

The first day of school. Being the new girl wasn't something I was looking forward to. But alas, things went well considering. And then I met him, staring at me as if I was the prettiest thing he had ever seen, when I knew I was far from it. And then he smiled, it was kind of dorky but I liked it for some reason. He saw something in me that I hadn't seen in myself, and I was curious as to why he saw me in this way. "Who are you and what do you want?" I asked, rather rudely. I wasn't great with boys I'll tell you that. He replied with a grin spread wide across his face" I'm Derek, who are you?" overly enthusiastically I said: ''Wouldn't you like to know?" and carried on walking.

For the upcoming weeks, I would see him around school, and that one class we shared. Eventually I caved in and told him my name. When I was around him I was different, less confident, more shy than anything, I even surprised myself with that one. To be entirely honest he was a real flirt, and I picked that up from the very off.  But knowing that I continued to have interest in him.

We got to know everything about each other, from the worst thing to the best thing. At first, I was reluctant to let a complete stranger get to know me, but I sucked it up and let him in away. How costly would that prove to be? We'll see....

One day deep in conversation he mentioned his past, specifically his past relationships, and to my surprise there were so many of them. I'm a very jealous person and he noticed how off putting it was for me to hear that, he reassured me that it was a thing of the past and how much he has changed since then. Like any foolish teenage girl, I believed every word, but who wouldn't? With smile like his, he could get away with anything and everything.

As the days went by, we grew closer and closer, until one day - NOTHING. I would float a smile his way but he wouldn't embrace me with his. Which brings me back to my initial statement: "How had I gotten here? What hell went wrong?" It couldn't have been my fault, could it? Had I done something wrong? Did I say something wrong?

The universe works in mysterious ways, just when you think everything is perfect, POOF! Something bad happens and it changes your entire world. In my case a rumour, a stupid little rumour made up by girls who had seen we were growing closer. It changed everything, it got to him. I was clueless, I had not known what was said, until it was too late and the rumour had already spread like wildfire.

It taught me a lot about his character, that he did not trust me and believed others over someone he had grown so close to. But why did still feel the need to explain myself to him? He gave up on me, and yet I still felt drawn to him. I decided to confront him.

I walked up to him, furious and asked in a high-pitched voice "Why?", playing it cool like he usually does, he replies: "Why what?".  "You know what!" I scream angrily. He sets me aside and whispers in my ear with voice as smooth as silk, "Not here." We agreed to me after school at day, but to no surprise he didn't show, again I was left to look like fool.

Maybe it was his plan all along, feed me lies and gain trust, and then just cast me aside and move on to the next. Well I guess it goes to show, NEVER TRUST A FUCKBOY.