Chapter Three: "The Supposed Truth"

She was just your average girl, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. She didn't like most girly things, because she grew up with boys but that didn't change that fact that deep down, she was still little girl with the girliest of girl feelings. Easily scarred and easily hurt by others but her tough exterior would make you think otherwise. Don't be fooled though, girls can be very deceiving....

Athena did like him, she felt a strong genuine connection there, but that rumour, that damn rumour. It wasn't much of a rumour - but something of the truth. Not entirely the truth. Athena had a somewhat of relationship with a boy back in her old city. She kept in touch with him while Derek and she drew closer, just in case things didn't work out.

As things progressed she had to give up one of them. She was faced with what seemed to be the toughest decision of her life, you know teenage girl stuff. And she gave up her long-distanced relationship because when she was with Derek, it felt right, and nothing often felt right for her, but this did and that meant something.

Still, the way it all played out wasn't fair to her or anyone for that matter. It made her seemed as though she was the bad guy and all she wanted was to do the right thing, by being happy with the right guy- It backfired straight in her face.

Boys, always breaking hearts, breaking girls, moving on to the next- but can you blame them? If girls give you a reason to not trust them, you got to move on, right? Yes, but find out the truth first, don't go around assuming things, that will get you nowhere.

Derek the flirt of the grade, always throwing that smile around. Used that same charm when he met her, it didn't work though. Over time he got her under his spell, not surprising seeing he's the grade flirt.

At first, he thought she was just like all girls, playing hard to get, that soon changed as he realised she was different - or so he thought. Once he learnt of her "transgressions", he was quick to change his mind about her.

That hurt her deeply, and she had to speak her mind, after all that was what she was known for. It all went to hell because going there caused a scene and she never intended that. She wanted to tell him the truth, but he wasn't having any of it, and made false plan to meet that day after school. Which of course he didn't bother to go to.

They slowly drifted out of each other's lives. Both feeling hurt by the other, but never mentioning it out of pride and reputation. They would see each other at school but never looking long enough to really give a damn.

Well I guess that's teenage love. It's all fun and games till someone gets hurt, and then.... Well, we all know how that one goes.