Chapter 6 "Unexpected Turn of Events"

After what seemed like forever, Athena separated from the kiss that she initiated. Cassandra was dumbfounded, at a loss for words, unable to form a coherent sentence. "Woah." She said still caught off guard. "I think I might had a little too much to drink." Athena replied with a little giggle. "Ya think?" Cassandra said. Athena glanced towards the door to find two wide mouthed beings, shocked at the unexpected turn of events. "I know it's been a while since I last saw you, but things couldn't have changed that quickly." Amelia commented from her position at the door. "Amelia?! Oh my god, what are you doing here.... Derek?!" Athena asked in disbelief. "You mean YOUR Derek and Amelia from Lakewood?" Cassandra asked also in disbelief. "Shit guys, what are you doing here?" Athena asked the pair of them. "Care to elaborate D?" Amelia asked Derek. "I'm here to get you back, with the help of your best friend, because she knows you so well, but apparently no one knows you at all." he said gesturing towards Cassandra. "It's not what you think." Athena said reassuring Derek. "It isn't?" Cassandra questioned, coming off a little hurt. "It isn't. I'm clearly a little tipsy, and I'm just having fun." Athena stated. "Cas I'm sorry for doing that to you, I know you kinda have a crush on me, and it wasn't right of me to play with your feelings like that." Athena continued.

"Forget it even happened." Cassandra suggested. "Yeah, but Derek, I thought I made it clear that I didn't want to hear from you again, yet you blatantly show up here." Athena said turning her focus to Derek. "Athena, let' not do this here, I didn't come here to ruin your night, okay?" Derek stated, ignoring the fact that Athena was trying to hurt him. "Then what are you doing here Derek?" Athena asked again. "I'm just here to let you know I'm in town for the weekend to make things right, so if you'd maybe like to meet up sometime before we leave, that would be great, but for tonight just enjoy yourself." Derek said. "She'll text you, I'll make sure of it." Cassandra offered. "Cas..." Athena complained. "Don't Cas me, they came all this way to fix things, the least you can do is give them your attention." Cassandra told Athena, and she sighed in agreement. "Fine, Saturday, I'll text you the details." Athena said to Derek and Amelia. "But for tonight, let's forget about all the drama and have a blast, we deserve it, we worked our asses off the entire year." Cassandra said and everyone nodded in agree. "Derek, Amelia, there's drinks in the kitchen as well as snacks, feel free to join in on the festivities and mingle, everybody's super chilled I assure you." Cassandra addressed the pair of them. "Thanks." Amelia and Derek said in unison. "No thanks needed, just have fun." Cassandra said before disappearing to mingle with a group of people.

Damian had been drinking excessively ever since leaving the sofa where he and Athena had their little chat, trying to get his mind off the break up between Paisley and himself. By now he was already 7 drinks in and counting. He needed some fresh air to clear his mind. He made his way to sliding door which led to the pool area. He flung open the door and stepped out into the refreshing air. His eyes wondered to the swimming pool, he could not believe what appeared before him. "What the fuck Hunter?" he asked his best friend in anger. "So, this is why you broke up with me? For him, my fucking best friend?" Damian questioned Paisley, who had been making out with Hunter. "Damian..." she tried to speak. "Don't okay, I see how it is, fuck this shit, y'all were made for each other." Damian said before storming off.

Athena saw her angered friend enter the house. "Dams, what happened?" she questioned, clearly seeing the hurt written all over his face. "Paisley and Hunter." He said simply. "What about them?" Athena questioned again, not quite following Damian's train of thought. "They're together, I saw them making out in the pool." Damian replied hurt. "Awwww Dams, I'm so sorry, you don't deserve this." Athena said trying to comfort him. "This is my best friend by the way, Amelia, and this is Derek." Athena informed him. "Amelia, a pretty name for a pretty girl." Damian commented smoothly. "Stop it, you're making me blush." Amelia said chuckling lightly. "You're Derek..." Damian addressed him "I am." Derek replied. "I hope you're here to fix things, because if you're not, you and I have a problem." Damian said swiftly.  "That's exactly why I'm here." Derek stated. "Good, then we don't have problem, for now at least." Damian commented. "Okay that's enough, stand down." Athena said to the pair of them playfully.

Paisley came rushing in, her hair still drenched in pool water. "Damian I'm so sorry, I didn't want you to find out like this, I...." before she could speak any further, Damian grabbed Amelia and crashed lips together. "Woah, easy there, tiger." Athena said watching on. Damian came up for air separating the two from their kiss. "You were saying?" he asked Paisley who stood in silence during the whole interaction. "Never mind." She said, making her way back outside. Amelia hit Damian on the arm once Paisley was out of sight. "Orrrwww, was it that bad?" he asked with smile creeping on his lips. "You could at least have given me a heads up before sticking your tongue down my throat." Amelia commented. "I actually see it, you guys would make the perfect couple, my two besties, yep, perfect." Athena added thoughtfully, leaving both Damian and Amelia's cheeks a bright red.

The rest of the night was consumed with alcohol, laughs and newly formed relationships and friendships. All bad bloods were forgotten for the night, making the night an unforgettable one, that is of course if you didn't drink too much.