Chapter 1: "Back to basics"

Athena's Point of View

As she stood there in the wind, I couldn't help but admire her beautiful demeanor. She was my definition of "perfect". If only she saw what I saw.... The tall, light of complexion girl, with chocolate brown eyes you could drown in, stared off into the distance as I took in every detail of her flawless appearance. Suddenly she turned to face me with a toothy but perfect none the less smile, I had to conjure up something or else I would look like a creep for staring at her.

"Hey" she said in the most cheerful of tones. "Heyyy" I said politely, "You look stunning" I thought but couldn't find the courage to mouth the words. "Athena, right?" "Yeah" I said simply as she continued to smile brightly at me. "I heard you moved back here after being way for a couple of months?" she stated rather than asked. "Yep, you know, adjusting was really hard, and I missed home I guess." I said shrugging my shoulders at the end. "Well, it's good to have you back, I'd like to get to know you better, seeing though we never really spoke when you were here before?" She said enthusiastically. "That would be really nice, se you around?" I said smiling at her gesture of kindness. "Definitely, Athena." My name rolling off her tongue, walking away causing my stomach to do backflips.

"Athena?!" I heard someone, pulling me back into reality a I was still staring at the beautiful girl walking off into the distance, I turned to face the one and only Damian. He stood like a dear in headlights as he was shocked at my presence. "You're back?" he asked still in disbelief. "Nice to see you too Damian." I said with a smirk creeping on my face. The tall, muscular built boy, with dark hair and piercing green eyes, took a step forward and embraced with a heartwarming hug. When he released me from his grasp, he smiled at me warmly seemingly happy to see me. "It's really you! I thought I'd never see you again." He said smiling sadly. "Well I couldn't leave my boy bestie to suffer through high school for the next two years alone, could I?" I teased. "Actually, you did, and I've been doing quite well without you." He said kinking a brow. "In that case...." I slowly started, Damian grabbed my right wrist before I could move any further. "Okay, Okay, I was kidding. I will always need you, Athena." I smiled at hi words, god I missed him.

"You better need me." I said rolling my eyes playfully at him. "I saw you talking to Cassandra, I didn't know you knew her." Damian said gesturing to the beautiful specimen who was now almost out of sight. "I don't, it's the first time I've ever spoken to her, she's sweet." I said with a small smile on my face. " That she is, we're in a couple of classes together." He said matter of factly. He paused and the continued. "But enough about her, you're back, and as much as I'm happy that you're here, it's just a shock to see you back here, you said the move was permanent?" "It was, but shit just got out of control, you know?" I asked rhetorically and continued to explain. "I couldn't take all the drama, and my parents understood and agreed to send me back, and now I'm here, standing with you."

Damian smiled at me, his eyes piercing through my soul. "I'm glad you're back Thena, I've missed you so much." "Awwww D, you have no idea how much I missed you." As the words left my mouth, the bell signaled for the start of registration, I was in the same class as Damian, so we happily made our way to class together. First day back, and already falling into old routines, good routines, and that makes me happy to say the least.

As we stepped into the class side by side, my eyes were drawn to the tall girl once more, this time she came up to me hugging me warmly. "Athena! Fancy seeing you here." She said laughing lightly. I smiled at the sound of her laugh. "We meet again Cassandra..." I said with sense of mysteriousness in my voice. "Twice in one day, I must be lucky girl." Cassandra said raising her one eyebrow. "I think I might be lucky one." I said kindly, Damian staring at our interaction closely, "Is there something going on that I'm not aware of?" he asked casting looks at the both of us. "Just being friendly Damian, why, jealous I'm not talking to you?" Cassandra said and I chuckled at her response. "Oh, shut up Cassie." Damian said rolling his eyes playfully at the two us. "I think I had enough of the two off you anyway." Damian continued again, before making his way over to group of boys who were seated not too far away, leaving Cassandra and I alone.