Chapter 8 "The Talk- Part 2"

Athena's Point of View

Upon making my way out of Cassandra's house, my Uber waited patiently on the side of the road. I entered the car and gave the driver my new destination. As we drove, I popped my phone out from my pocket and texted Amelia:

Athena: Hey melia, do you have plans for today?

Amelia: Hey, not that I know of. Why, what's up?

Athena: Can we meet?

Amelia: Sure babe, where?

Athena: My house in an hour?

Amelia: Sounds cool, text the address?

Athena: Yup, 5 Grove Street.

Amelia: Coolieohs, see you in a few.

After reading Amelia's last text, I propped my phone back into my pocket. Shortly after, I arrived at my intended destination. I paid and thank the driver for his services, and made my way to the front door. I pulled out my set of keys and unlocked the door, and made my way inside to find my grandmother reading the paper over her morning coffee. "Morning Grams." I said entering the kitchen. "Morning sweetie, I didn't hear you come in, how was the party." she asked kindly. "Interesting to say the least." I said not giving anything away. "Would you like something to eat?" she asked changing the topic. "No thanks Grams, my friend Amelia, from Lakewood is in town, so she's coming over in a few." I informed her. "Well you better get done then." She said smiling. "On it Grams!" I said making my way upstairs to my bedroom, immediately dropping my bag at the foot of the bed upon entering the room. I heard a door closing, down the hall and found my brother standing in my doorway shortly after. "Rough night?" he asked, a smile on his face. "You could say that." I said and he exited the room. My two older siblings both stayed in Lakewood, one with my grandparents and the other on campus.

I sat on the edge of my bed for a second, recalling the events of the past 24 hours. After about a minute, I forced myself off the bed and made my way to the closet to pull out a suitable outfit, once I found what I was looking, I throw it on the bed, gathered what I needed and went to the bathroom down the hall to take a shower.

Less than an hour later I was dressed and awaited Amelia's arrival. Just as I was about to text her, the doorbell rang, and there she was, on my doorstep.

I welcomed her in and we seated ourselves in the lounge. "I can't believe you're actually here, I thought I wouldn't see for at least while." I told Amelia. "Well, surprise!" she said grinning. "I think the real surprise is you being here with Derek, I thought you of all people would hate his guts." I told her, my tone serious. "I thought so too, turns out, I felt sorry for the poor sucker." She said, a little laugh escaping her lips. "Amelia, this is awful timing, I can't have him back in life at this point in time." I informed her, my tone still serious as ever. "I know he hurt you real bad, but trust me, his changed person." She offered. "That's really not the problem here." I told her. "Then what is?" she asked interestedly. "Melia, I'm so confused." I told her truthfully. "About the way you feel towards Derek being here, or about your friend 'Cassandra'?" she asked realizing why I was confused. "I kissed her last night Amelia! I kissed her, it was me that initiated it all. Me, the supposedly straight girl." I said realizing my actions, and bursting out into tears. "Why are you crying?" "I don't know, am I really straight?" I asked rhetorically. "I wouldn't have done that if I was. Amelia..... I think I like her, as more than a friend." I said tears starting to fall more rapidly.

After letting me calm down a bit, Amelia finally spoke, "There's nothing wrong in liking her as more than a friend, I'm proud of you for realizing the truth about yourself." She said and pulled me in for a hug. "But Amelia, I don't think I'm gay, I like guys too." I added. "Doesn't that make you... Bi?" she suggested. "Those feeling that I had for Derek, they never went away, that day that I walked away from him, all I wanted was for him to chase after me, I liked him so much, and I think I still do. But since I've been here, things have become more complicated, I've developed feelings for Cassandra, why else would I have kissed her last night. Derek hurt me, a lot, but I'll never get over him, Cassandra is always there for me, and her I like her too, I just don't want to hurt her, because this might just be a phase. I can't lose her as a friend, her friendship means too much to me." I explained. Amelia nodded her in understanding. "What are you going to do? She asked with interest.  "I need to be honest with myself and with him. I should talk to him, face to face." I said finally making a decision.

For the next few hours Amelia and I caught up on everything that I had missed since I'd left. Around late afternoon, Amelia left. We would meet up the next day at a nearby coffee shop to discuss pressing matters, along with Derek and Cassandra.