Chapter 9 "The Talk- Part 3"

Athena's Point of View

After Amelia left, I went back upstairs to gather my thoughts and make what seemed to be the biggest decision of my life. I sighed at the thought of it all, when I noticed my brother standing in the doorway. "You look conflicted." He said and I laughed at his observation. "I am conflicted. Why am I always caught up in the thick of it all, why can't my life just be normal?" I shared, whilst my brother listened interestedly. "You know the reason I came back here was to get away from all the drama, but where ever I go, drama seems to follow. I'm starting to think that I'm the common denominator." I continued and brother now joined me on the bed.

My brother kept quiet, and I took his silence as a queue for me to continue. "You know my friend Cassandra, right?" I asked and he nodded. "This is hard for me to admit, but since the first day we met, I've always liked her as more than a friend." I admitted to him. "I never said anything to her or anyone about it because I wasn't sure about my feelings for her until last night, when we kissed." I said and brother's eyes grew wider. "So, what you're saying is, you like girls?" he asked. "And boys." I added, and he gave me a confused expression. "Hold up, you like boys and girls?!" he asked in disbelief and I nodded. "My little sister is bisexual?", "I mean if you want to label it, then yeah, I guess I'm bisexual." I said.

"I didn't expect that, but I still don't see the conflict." He stated. "I'm still getting to that." I told him. "The floor is yours." He said and I continued, "So last night Cassandra hosted the party at which we kissed, I admit was a little tipsy, but people do the things they don't have the courage to when they're sober when they're drunk. Anyway, after we shared our little moment, low and behold, Derek walked through door and had a front seat view of it all." "Wait what?! Total plot twist!" my brother screamed and I couldn't help but laugh. "Continue." He encouraged me and I did. "According to him and my best friend Amelia, he's a changed man, and he came here to set things right, right sum wrongs. To top it all, before I left, Cass pulled me in for yet another kiss." I said taking a breath once I had finished. "So, you're torn between two worlds?" he asked and I agreed, "Exactly." "In my opinion, I think you should do what's best for you, be practical, even if it means hurting someone's feelings." He advised me. "That's good advice, I think I'll take it." "I'll incorporate it when I meet them both tomorrow." "Good luck little sister, this is not going to be easy, but just remember, this too shall pass." My brother said and made his way out of the room.

After such an eventful evening last night and this morning, I was physically exhausted and was in desperate need of some rest. I closed my eyes for just a second and next thing I knew, I was out for the count.

I woke up hours later to find that it was dark outside. I reached for my phone beside me, the clock on the home screen read 20:27. I fluttered my eyelids some more, as I was not fully awake yet. I readjusted my position on the bed to an upright one, with my back flat against the headboard, and began to scroll through my phone. I remembered that I had to fill both Derek and Cassandra in on where we'd be meeting tomorrow. I search for Derek's name in my contacts and dialed the number, he answered not too long after.

"Hello?"

"Hey Derek, it's Athena"

"Oh hey, I thought I'd never hear from you."

"Oh no, I've just been recovering from last night."

He laughs.

"I hope feeling better, and a bit clear minded."

"Definitely, it's surprising what a couple of hours of sleep can do for you. But anyway, the reason I called was to let you know of tomorrows plans."